When it comes to shopping for furniture, you want to be sure you’re buying for style and longevity and not just because something is “on trend”. For most of us the furniture we buy is an investment, so you want to know what you’re buying will last.
With that in mind, we would like to show you our new Aria Grey Oak range. Made from a grey oak laminate, this hardwearing and practical range is perfect for busy family homes, and for timeless interior style.
Historically laminate has been seen as a less desirable material. However, due to modern technological advances, it’s really hard to tell the difference between laminate and real wood furniture. What’s more, the easy cleaning and low maintenance of laminate
Why Choose Laminate?
Wood Laminate is made from synthetic materials layered on a solid base, such as MDF. To give the look of real wood, a grain is printed with clear, textural layers added on top to give a very realistic
Although not solid wood, a wood laminate is actually much stronger and harder wearing than real wood which requires regular maintenance.
Wood Laminate Pros
- Lighter than real wood, making easier to manoeuvre around the home
- Cheaper than real wood, making more affordable for families wanting the look of real wood, without splashing out and signing up to regular maintenance.
More colour options than real wood, due to the printing process. The Grey Oak colour is much easier to achieve through laminate
becuaseof the printing process. Laminate allow you more choice of colours to suit your interior style.
- Guaranteed stability. Unlike real wood, laminate are not prone to splitting or warping when subjected to different heat sources. This makes it the perfect material to use in homes with central heating.
- Low Maintenance and easy to clean. As laminates are much more durable, they require much less care and cleaning than real wood. You needn’t worry about sanding back and re-sealing like you would with real wood, instead you can clean your surface regularly with warm soapy water without the fear of warping or damage, making laminates ideal for families.
Wood Laminate Cons
Less longevity than real wood. As with most raw, natural materials, they will last longer than man-made materials. That said, if cared for properly your laminate furniture will last a
realllong time and look as good as new, where real wood can show more signs of wear and tear.
Prone to water damage if not properly protected. Overtime if water seeps under the surface of the veneer it can cause it to bubble and crack. Our wood veneers are protected with a sealant to stop this from happening.
- Less refurbishing options. We are all partial to a bit of up-cycling from time to time, however, with laminate furniture, this is not possible due to its synthetic nature. That’s why buying a piece which is neutral and unlikely to date is key!
Laminate Care and Cleaning Tips
Cleaning and caring for your wood laminate furniture couldn’t be easier. As with all furniture, it’s key to catch any spills as soon as they happen to keep your furniture looking its best.
For daily care and cleaning, we recommend dusting down the table top with a clean microfibre cloth. For any sticky marks, use mild soapy water and a clean cloth. Be sure not to get too much water on your tabletop, and dry any water with a clean (and dry) microfibre cloth.
For more stubborn marks, avoid using any aerosol or oil-based polish, as these can leave marks. Instead, stick to a solution of water and dish soap, adding a very small splash of vinegar… It really couldn’t be easier to care for your wood laminate furniture.
Aria Grey Oak Dining Table
The Aria Grey Oak Dining Table is super versatile and will happily sit within all manner of different interior styles. By pairing a thick, wood effect laminate table top with sleek glass legs, you create a light and fresh look to your home.
Velvet Dining Chairs vs. Faux Leather Dining Chairs
For a more relaxed, chic look, pair the grey oak laminate and glass dining table with a soft velvet dining chair. The Harper Velvet dining chair is perfect for this look due to its curved seat and chrome legs.
The curved back of the Harper chair balances out the angular table, softening the space and creating a relaxed, inviting setting.
Stylists Tip: Mix and match reflective finishes with matt textures, like the velvet and the grey oak. This will stop your home feeling too twee, and give a real designer edge.
Alternatively, for a more modern luxe feel, pair the Aria Grey Oak dining table with a faux leather dining chair.
The Theo Faux Leather Dining Chairs create a modern luxe look but balancing the hard glass and grey oak with soft shapes and matt finishes.
Stylist Tips: The Grey Oak laminate will feel different when paired with different colours. For a warmer look, pair with new warm neutrals and colours with a red or yellow undertone. To look cooler, choose more greys with blue undertones.
Aria Grey Oak Laminate Storage Furniture
Laminate furniture isn’t just perfect for dining tables, but also storage furniture too! We’ve made it easy for you to create a well dressed and coordinated how by completing the Aria range with matching sideboards, shelving units and coffee tables too!
A favourite of ours in the Aria Grey Oak Sideboard. With sturdy glass sides, this modern sideboard looks light and airy in your home, while being a practical storage unit to hide away all those bits and bobs.
Showcase your favourite objects on the display shelf, while stylishly hiding away all those odds and sods in the handy drawers.
Stylist Tip: Create a sideboard/ barcart by using the display shelf to house your best glasses and Gin bottles!
Aria Display Unit
New for 2019, we have designed a super stylish and highly practical display unit as part of the Aria Grey Oak Range (but also available in white oak which can she shopped here).
One of the best features of the Aria Display Unit is that the cupboards open on both sides, making this stylish piece of furniture 360º. Position against the wall, or use to divide your room and still have access from all angles.
Stylists Tip: Be aware that you can see into the cupboards even with the doors closed, so maybe avoid piling in those letters and random bits and stick to showcasing your fine china while keeping dust at bay.
Aria Grey Oak Coffee Table
And finally, complete the look with the Aria Coffee Table. Like the rest of the range, this coffee table consists of a soft grey oak top paired with sleek and minimal glass legs.
The glass allows light to flow throughout your home and feel bright and airy all year round.
The grey oak laminate is super versatile and can be used with whatever sofa or statement chair you wish! Position in front of a real leather sofa for a soft, minimal and modern look, or pair with a rich green velvet sofa for a softer, richer look. The possibilities are endless!
What do you think?
Tell us what you think of the new Aria Range, and if you have any questions on Wood Laminate, leave us a comment below.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more