How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care Tips
A common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.
Is velvet hard to clean?
The great news is ‘No’. If you do have marks on your velvet furniture that won't come out, don't worry, it's an easy fix!
For minor marks, use the velvet sponge that comes with your Danetti furniture. Repeatedly wipe over the surface of the velvet until the marks disappear. For best results, brush against the pile, then smooth the pile back out.
What else do I need to know about velvet cleaning?
For more stubborn marks, you can use the same method but with a hairdryer. Use a hairdryer on medium heat from a distance of about 18". Warm the area and run your sponge (or hand) over the creases and they'll disappear!
How do I get tough marks out of velvet?
For severe marks, you can use a handheld steamer in the same way. Simply steam the area, rub against the pile and then smooth the pile back out. Repeat until the marks disappear.
Watch our handy care guide below to discover how you can remove marks properly.
All you need to know about velvet
Are you reading this blog post before you dip your toe into the world of velvet furniture? You’re in the right place. If you’re wondering why velvet is so popular, here’s the lowdown on this luxe material.
It’s stylish and practical
Not only does velvet look great, it's surprisingly durable and hard wearing. It can be kept looking in perfect condition by occasionally vacuuming the material and to clean more stubborn surface marks, there's nothing uncoloured dish soap, lukewarm water and a gentle touch with a cotton towel can't fix.
Whilst looking and feeling luxurious, velvet can also add to the homely and cosy feeling of space with its soft touch. It's also now available in such a wide range of shades, from rich and vibrant colours to more muted tonal palettes which can all add a different feel to your interior.
From warm blush pink to deep and rich teal, our collection of velvet furniture comes in all kinds of shades and will add a plush and welcoming feel to your interior. Complemented by modern metallic accents or finished with signature statement detailing, whatever your style preference, check out our top picks from across bedroom, living and dining. Shop velvet furniture at Danetti.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more
- World Cup Home Bar IdeasIt’s Coming Home – in every sense of the word! Make your World Cup experience even better with your own home bar set up. With a fully stocked drinks cupboard, who would want to leave the house?Read more
- Luxury Design: 4 Things You Need To Know About Luxury Interior DesignDark tones, rich textured finishes and opulent fabrics – this season, it’s all about making your home feel elegant and luxurious. One of the biggest trends emerging in interiors is the idea of ‘Considered Luxury’.Read more
- Lighting Trends: 4 Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionNew to Danetti and inspired by our five-star rated furniture ranges, we’ve curated our very own exclusive collection of lighting that’s perfect for enhancing any room in your home. We sat down with Danetti Buyer, Julie, to discover more about this unique collection.Read more
- 4 Things You Need To Know About Interior Trends This SeasonSoft weaves, sweeping curves and rich textured grains are all the trend this season when it comes to interiors. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Damien to discover more about this season’s need-to-know tips.Read more