Maximalist Décor: 5 Things You Need To Bring Maximalism Into Your Home
Bold and bright colours, vivid patterns and ample accessories – more is more when it comes to maximalism. In the world of interiors, this trend is all about having fun and playing with those elements that make a space feel like home. Here are our top tips for embracing this trend.
First off - what is maximalist home décor?
This trend is all about embracing excess: go bold and embrace lots of colour, play with pattern and layer those textures.
What colour should you use for maximalism?
There’s no such thing as too much when it comes to the maximalist trend, and so accenting your interior with bright and bold colours helps to create that indulgent look.
Darker colours like blue or navy blue are quite often used as a base palette for this kind of interior aesthetic. Blue is an accessible colour that works beautifully with metallic accents, geometric prints and marble for a maximalist look.
What kind of textures and colours can be paired with bold tones?
Danetti stylist, Emily says: “Pink is a popular tone now, and this pairs nicely with blue and green. If you don’t want it to feel as strong, you can bring in the softer pink and blushes. This kind of palette works well in bedrooms. You could be brave and go for a bed in one of these shades or go for a blanket box or ottoman bench in your chosen colour.
In a sitting room or living space, you can play with bolder colours in the form of accent and occasional chairs, mixing and contrasting the tones. If you don’t want it to feel as vibrant, rust blends well with neutrals and cream tones, or you can use soft greys with those strong colours. It’s all about having fun with your palette and looking at what works for you and your home.”
Our Top 5 Picks For Bringing Maximalism Into Your Home
Amalfi Dark Teal Velvet King Size Bed With Storage
Create ultimate Boho bedroom vibes with this rich and vibrant teal velvet finish. The five-star rated Amalfi design has the wow-factor when it comes to storage beds. It has signature headboard stitch detailing for a more luxurious look and is perfect for a clutter free aesthetic with its built-in hidden storage base. Also available in a double and super king size.
Serena Dark Blue Velvet Barstool
Add a luxe look to your kitchen island with our five-star rated Serena Bar Stools in this rich blue velvet finish. The quilted chevron detailing of these breakfast bar stools gives the Serena a sophisticated look even when it's tucked away. Co-ordinate with the matching dining chairs for a statement and considered look.
Looking for a modern sideboard? With plenty of storage space, a contemporary blue finish and warm brass accents, the Geo is a good-looking storage solution. If you want to achieve that statement look in your living space, go bold and bright with the Geo Sideboard as the centrepiece. Danetti Designer, Francesca says: "This shade of blue adds interest and a pop of colour to any space. Pair this accent furniture with metallic accessories to create a luxe look and art-deco feel."
Leah Dark Blue Velvet Dining Chair
Add some colour and character to your dining space without the big price tag with these blue dining chairs. Our Leah Dining Chairs are an easy and affordable way of adding a modern feel to your space with their clean and contemporary lines and deep blue velvet finish.
Lucca Teal Velvet 3 Seater Sofa
The perfect sofa to fit all the family on, curl up and pop on a film. The Lucca is part of our made in the UK sofa range; with generous plump sized-seats, it offers maximum comfort and support. An easy addition to any room with a warming teal finish and sleek silhouette.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Bring The Outside In: All You Need To Know About Biophilic DesignDiscover all you need to know about this interior approach and how you can nod to nature in your home with our stylist and designer’s recommendations.Read more
- Interior Styling Tips: Create An Insta-Worthy Living Room With Bold Colours & AccentsWe’re swooning over the current trending interior design theme that is Hollywood Glam. Bold jewel tones, brass accents, and an art deco colour palette – we’ve got it all in-store. Here’s how we can easily achieve this look.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- How To Get an Insta-worthy BedroomLooking to update your bedroom but don't know where to start? We've got a few tips and inspiration from some of our amazing customers, plus some insider secrets from our Stylist to help you create that Insta-worthy bedroom you've always dreamed of.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more