We process personal data for a variety of reasons, with each means of collection, lawful basis of processing, use, disclosure, and retention periods set out on a situational basis. We’ll also provide information about your rights as an individual. Throughout this policy it is worthing noting that consent is opt-in as opposed to an opt-out. No action does not quality as consent. Unless you have actively opted in, you remain opted out.
When you visit our site, we collect anonymous data from our cookies. This means we can see number of users, page views and visits within a selected timeframe, but we cannot link this information back to you as an individual. When you sign up to our newsletter and tick the consent box, you’re actively opting in to receiving marketing communications from us. You can unsubscribe from our emails at anytime.
If you order a swatch or place an order with us, we securely store personal data such as you name, address and contact details. We also share this information with our third party delivery partners so that we can get your goods delivered to you. We only share your financial data with our trusted third party payment provider when it is required to fulfill your order. We do not store any of your card details on our system so your financial information and data is fully secure.
Personal data may also be used to send triggered emails, such as cart abandonment and purchase confirmation emails. We also use this information to personalize our marketing, for example, to suggest products related to your previous purchases. It may also be used to send you special offers and product news by email. You can opt out of this at anytime by unsubscribing from our mailing list or contacting our Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
- What information do we collect?
- How do we collect your information?
- Why do we collect your information and personal data?
- What’s the lawful basis in which we process your data?
- Who do we share your information with?
- For how long do we store your personal data?
- How do we protect your personal data whilst we have it?
- What controls do you have over your data?
- Cookie Consent
- Customer Calls
- Contact Us
What information do we collect?
Personal Data: this is anything that can be linked back to you, such as your name, an identification number, your address or an online identifier. Personal information also includes one or more factors specific to your physical, genetic, economic, or social identity, however, we do not collect this information as part of using our site or ordering process. Online identifiers refer to digital information such as IP addresses, cookie strings or mobile device IDs.
Anonymous Information: we also collect anonymous information for every person who visits our website. This includes pages viewed, at what date and time, and the browser type. IP numbers are not stored, but are temporarily used to determine domain type and in some cases, geographic region. However, with anonymous information, we do not make any association between this information and a visitor’s identity, so as the name suggests, the information remains anonymous.
How do we collect your information?
Now you know what data we collect, with your permission, there are a couple of ways that we can collect it. Depending on how you use our site and what for, we collect your information using the following methods:
1. When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
This includes when you sign up to our mailing list, order a swatch, sign up to one of our competitions or place an order with us.
2. When our system collects data as you use our website (“System Collected Data”)
Typical of many websites, when you visit danetti.com certain information automatically gets created and recorded by IT systems necessary to operate our website. This can be broken down into:
Cookies. When you visit www.danetti.com, a small text file called a ‘cookie’ is downloaded onto your PC. The next time you visit our site, your computer will check to see if it has a cookie that is relevant and then sends the information contained in that cookie back to the site. This lets us know if you’re a new or returning visitor and what items you’ve viewed or added to cart. This is all to improve your shopping experience with us. For more information about cookies, how we use them and what we do with them, please see the section titled “cookie consent” further down this page.
Devices. The type of device you’re using to access www.danetti.com will also be recorded, such as what type of device it is, what operating system you’re using, what your device settings are, and potentially why a crash has happened. This is again to help us improve your user experience by making sure our site is working and optimised on all devices. This falls under “Anonymous Information” as we can’t trace this information back to you as an individual.
Why do we collect your information and personal data?
If you give us your information for a specific purpose, it can be and only will be used for that purpose. For example, if you order a swatch, we will use your address to send you the swatches and your email to update you on your swatch order. This information will not be used for marketing purposes, unless you have consented for us to do so. There are a number of reasons we collect your personal data, including:
- To fulfil an order. Without personal information like your name, address or bank details, we would be unable to fulfil your order.
- To send you a swatch. We need your name and address details to send you your swatch requests.
- To improve your website experience. This allows us to see what areas of the site are working and keep improving the user experience.
- To keep you updated. If you have consented for us to do so, we want to keep you up to date with the latest offers and product launches via email so you don’t miss a thing. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list at anytime.
- To deliver you targeted ads. We want to make sure the ads we show you are targeted and suited to your interests, that’s why we collected information on what products you may have been browsing or piece swe think you’d be interested in based on your purchase history.
What’s the lawful basis in which we process your data?
The lawful basis in which we process your information is evaluated on a situational basis. To determine the lawful basis, we first consider whether we have your consent to process your data. If not, we will consider the legitimate interests to evaluate whether your information should lawfully be processed.
Legitimate Interests and Consent can be defined as follows:
Legitimate interests - we will use legitimate interests to process your data when you place an order with us. To determine this, it can be broken down into three sections:
- Purpose test – is there a legitimate interest behind the processing?
- Necessity test – is the processing necessary for that purpose?
- Balancing test – is the legitimate interest overridden by the individual’s interests, rights or freedoms?
The purpose test evaluates whether there is a legitimate interest behind the processing of the data, while necessity considers whether the processing is necessary for the purpose in question. In regards to your order, we need your contact information and details to get your furniture delivered to you. So the process is, therefore, necessary for the purpose.
Finally, the balancing test considers your rights as an individual and whether they are undermined or put at risk by the data being processed. We keep all of your information safely and securely in our database and only use your information if you have consented to do so.
Who do we share your information with?
Core Service Providers
We share your personal information externally with our core service providers when required for our business to function. This includes our delivery partners and our third party payment provider who carries out transactions and fraud protection.
Social Sharing and Reviews
Once you have received your order, you will receive an email from us asking for a review. You’re feedback is so important to us and is what helps us to understand what’s working and where we need to improve. If you choose to leave us a review and it gets shown on our website, this will include your general location (not address), last name and first initial.
Should you send us information or feedback not via our review process that we would like to use on the website, we will contact you using the details you entered during the ordering process, to confirm that you are happy with this.
For how long do we store your personal data?
If you would like to know what personal information we have about you, feel that the information we hold is incorrect or needs updating, or if you would like to be removed from our records (right to be forgotten) please do get in contact.
How do we protect your personal data whilst we have it?
We want you to shop with us with the utmost confidence knowing that you’re information is in safe hands. We have an appointed Data Protection Officer (DPO) to ensure that all data is collected, monitored and stored in accordance with GDPR. This involves limited and controlled access for those who handle your information along with monitoring how it's transported from server to server. If you would like to contact our DPO, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What controls do you have over your data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com, removing your cookies browser cookies and unsubscribing from our mailing list.
Under no circumstance do we sell your information or personal data to third parties. The only time we disclose such information is if we have your consent to do so. Under GDPR, you have the following controls regarding your data:
Right to rectification & erasure
If you believe the data we hold for you to be incorrect or you wish to no longer be on our records, you can request a rectification or use your right to be forgotten, where by we will remove your information in accordance with GDPR 2018.
Right to restrict processing
You can restrict the information we gather about you by either opting out of cookies or unsubscribing from our mailing list. However please note, opting out or blocking cookies will not mean you’ll completely stop seeing adverts from us, but rather, they will be less targeted and specific to your interests.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
As a data subject, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if the you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority in which the complaint has been lodged will inform you on the progress and the outcome of your complaint.
Right to be informed & Right to access
Under the GDPR, you are able to request from us what information we hold about you on our system. If requested, this will be provided to you in a easily understandable format within 72 hours.
Right to not be subject to automated decision-making
Automated decision-making and profiling involves personal aspects being evaluated in order to make predictions about you, without any human involvement. This includes making predictions based on characteristics such as your age, gender or location, or your interaction with the website. You have the ability to access human interaction for an explanation of any automated decision making along with your right to object to it. To do this, please contact our DPO.
Our use of 'Strictly Necessary' cookies relates to:
- Identifying you when if you’ve previously signed up when you go to place and order or a swatch request
- To remember what products you’ve added to your basket so you can checkout
- To remember items you’ve previously added to your basket when you return to our website
- For security purposes
If you consent to all cookies, you are consenting to us collecting information about your movement around our website. This not only helps us identify areas that require improvements to enhance your future visits, but also allows us to provide dynamic and personalized content that we believe is best suited to your interests. Our cookie use can be broken down into four categories:
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate our website and use features such as “Add to Bag” and “Save this Item”. Without these cookies, we’re unable to see or save your items. This type of cookie is exempt from needing your consent as it is strictly necessary or for the sole purpose of carrying out a transmission of a communication. Please keep in mind these identifiers do not store any personal data. If you would like to remove site functionality cookies, you'll need to make changes in your website browser.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to analyse how you interact with and use our website. Much like customer feedback, this cookie allows us to improve both the site’s functionality and subsequently your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – these cookies will remember your preferences so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – we use these cookies to deliver relevant adverts to you after you've visited the site. They are used to measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and also help to limit the number of times that you see an ad from us.
- deleting all cookies
- blocking all cookies
- allowing all cookies
- blocking third-party cookies
- clearing all cookies when you close the browser
- open a 'private browsing' / 'incognito' session, which allows you to browse the internet without storing local data
- install add-ons and plug-ins to extend browser functionality
For further information about deleting or blocking Cookies, please visit: http://www.aboutcookies.org.uk/managing-cookies
To help us maintain a high level of customer service your call may be monitored. If you enter your phone number during the checkout process and do not go on to complete your purchase, you may be contacted by one of our team to check everything is okay with your order. We refer to this as ‘non-complete orders’. We see this form of contact as a legitimate interest. We justify this because you have indicated an interest in our products, by entering your information at the checkout, and we are contacting you to help you fulfil your order. We do not use the information you provide with us at this stage of the checkout for any other reason other than in relation to your order.
Have a question? You can get in touch with us by sending an email to customer services firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 020 3588 1380.