What is Escapism in Interior Design? All You Need To Know
Boost your mood as soon as you return home with the interior design trend, Escapism. More than ever before, people are wanting to create a space where they can embody that ‘staycation’ feeling of bringing the outside in and creating an extension of their interior in their garden.
Danetti Designer, Francesca explains: “It's the idea of creating a space where you can go to relax at home, but it has those luxurious elements you would expect in a boutique hotel.”
Key components of Escapism in Home Design:
- Use authentic materials that nod to earthy and natural elements
Foliage and plants will add texture and depth to different spaces in your home thanks to the movement and interesting shadows they create. As well as adding a focal point and visual interest, these different textures will contribute to how the room looks and feels as they reflect and absorb light differently. Placing natural and earthy elements, especially tropical plants, at different heights will add to that feeling of escapism as the greenery will surround you from different angles.
You can read more about bringing the outside in and this season’s favourite earthy palettes in our latest blog posts.
- Showcase memories from your travels around your home
Using ornaments or finds from your vacation will add to that holiday feeling at home. If you’ve visited all kinds of wonderful and colourful places, these ornaments and collections from your travels will add personality and glamour to the space. They tell a story in themselves and that adds to the fairy-tale escape feeling that the space can create.
Danetti Designer, Damien adds: “People now want their spaces to be more individual too – there’s a big movement on individualism and being more eclectic in what you have in your home, whether people have pieces from their travels or items they’ve collected that they can scatter through their decor. It’s just about merging them all and creating a kind of balance.”
- Create your outdoor oasis at home and turn your garden into a luxury escape
This season, it’s all about making your garden an extension of your home and bringing your style and the comfort of your interior outdoors; from creating the perfect space for outdoor living with daybeds and sun loungers, to configurations and styles that work for entertaining and hosting with modular corner benches, outdoor kitchen set ups and fire pits. Bring the comfort factor and that homely feeling outside by creating a multi-functional space that works for all your summer needs.
Designer, Francesca says: “I’ve worked in Europe and the international industry is a lot more forward thinking when it comes to outdoor furniture because they have such warmer weather, but here in the UK and particularly with our Danetti designs, we’ve really considered those finer details so that when people step outside, they can almost feel like they’re walking into a hotel bar within the comfort of their own home. Perfect for enjoying time with family and friends.”
Pieces inspired by the theme of Escapism:
Create the ultimate hotel-at-home aesthetic in your bedroom with the Amalfi Luxe; it’s perfect for adding personality to your room and embodying those staycation vibes with its tall and winged statement headboard, warming velvet finish and built-in USB ports. Find the perfect palette and bring that hotel feeling to your everyday sleep with the champagne, light grey or dark teal velvet in a King Size Bed or Super King Size Bed.
Add luxury to your everyday kitchen space with the Juliana Bar Stools; available in a plush champagne or grey velvet finish with brass or stainless steel accents. Its curved back design is sleek and supportive while its panel detailing, and unique handle feature would add a premium feel to the space. Co-ordinate the metallic accents in your kitchen or dining space for a truly glamorous look.
Luxe White Real Leather Chaise Lounge
The epitome of at-home luxury; sit back, relax and put your feet up. Create the perfect reading spot with the Luxe Modern Chaise Lounge. Its curved edges, real leather finish and deep quilted detail provides ultimate comfort whilst looking elegant. The Luxe is a five-star rated range, popular for its signature refined quilted detailing and premium finish.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Multifunctional Spaces: Here’s What You Need To Know About Multifunctional Interior DesignEffortlessly stylish and modern furniture that’s easy to adapt with your needs and your space; this season has seen a shift in interior design with the need for multipurpose pieces that can transform with you and your home.Read more
- Japandi Interior Design: All You Need To Know About This Home StyleJapandi fuses the comforting, warm colours of Scandinavian design with the sleek, minimalistic elegance of Japanese design. Here’s all you need to know about this style of interior design and how you can curate this look and feel in your home.Read more
- Bring The Outside In: All You Need To Know About Biophilic DesignDiscover all you need to know about this interior approach and how you can nod to nature in your home with our stylist and designer’s recommendations.Read more
- Hygge Interior Design: How To Style Your HomeIf you want to curate this look and feel in your interior, look no further than this mini guide, complete with furniture recommendations and top tips from Danetti Stylist, Emily.Read more
- Interior Trend: Organic ShapesFrom soft oversized curves that are perfect for curling up in, to sumptuous silhouettes that will bring a warm and inviting feel to your space, one of the biggest trends emerging in the world of interiors this season is ‘organic shapes’.Read more
- Spring-Summer Trends: Playing with TextureTo coincide with the launch of our new collection, ‘Timeless Textures’, which combines various fabrics and finishes, we’ve answered some of your interior questions so you can confidently play with these tactile elements to curate different moods and looks within your home.Read more