4 Things You Must Know About Leathers Sofas
Leather sofas can add a classic and timeless feel to your home. Not only are they luxurious, but Leather sofas and chairs are durable and easy to maintain with proper care and cleaning. It also works across a wide range of styles. Our expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick leather sofa of your dreams.
There are many choices through shapes and colour
- Leather works across a myriad of styles so when it comes to sofas, there really is so much choice: there are two seaters for more compact spaces and corner sofas for a relaxed expansive feel. Within sizes you then have so many options from a classic chesterfield with a quilted detailing, such as the aptly named Luxe sofa (which will instantly add a luxurious feel to any living space) to recliners with a deep sit, right through to classic button back sofas.
- The colour palette of leather sofas tends to lean towards natural browns (of every shade), creams, greys and white. Their smooth texture looks great when contrasted with all sorts of textiles.
How to dress a leather sofa:
Want to know how you can make your leather sofa more inviting? The great thing about leather sofas is they look and feel lovely when styled with contrasting textures like linen, cotton, velvet cushions and other textile covered furniture like armchairs and stools.
Don’t be scared to get creative with textures. Layer a soft knitted throw over your leather sofa and pair next to a simple glass coffee table to show off different finishes! This mix of different textures will bring an element of contrast to your home, which is vital when creating a personalised interior.
If you then want to create even more of a luxe look and feel in your living room with your sofa, pair with modern metallic accents like brass or black chrome accessories.
Katie says: “A woollen throw draped over an arm is perfect, or a chunky textured cushion and smoother textile cushions. Styling is all about mixing contrasts in either subtle or bold ways. Mix up your textures and then find out how much you also want to mix the colours.”
What type of leather
- There are a variety of different leather types, and it is important to choose the right type of leather when choosing your leather sofa.
- Full grain leather is the most natural finish. The outer surface generally has densely packed fibres that are finer; this results in a surface that is very strong, durable, and can withstand tough use. Do however expect natural imperfections and some colour variation.
- Genuine leather or corrected leather is our choice of leather when selecting a leather sofa as the top leather has been buffed to remove any imperfections, the leather has been dyed through and the surface lightly treated to give a supple and natural leather for a soft and luxurious feel. The benefit of corrected leather is it holds colour better without transfer, there is less chance of variation and its overall look in maintained for longer.
- Katie says: “Obtain a swatch to feel and handle your leather choice prior to purchase, making sure that is the leather for you and your home.”
How do you clean leather sofas?
If you want to how to clean leather sofas, here’s where Katie’s tips come in!
- For a leather sofa, use a leather protector product every now and then.
- Avoid harsh chemical cleaners - you can always test a cleaner or protector product out on an unseen part of your sofa.
- Blot spills - don’t use water or rub the spill around.
- Rotate and flip your cushions if you can, to spread the wear.
- Remember that keeping your real leather sofa in direct sunlight can cause some fading and deterioration over time. Sunlight will have the same effect on fabrics so just give it some thought when you consider the placement.
And finally, kick back and relax at the end of a long, tiring day and sink into the softness of a leather sofa and let all your troubles drift away. From adjustable headrests to corner sofas – explore our range of leather sofas here.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- 4 Things You Must Know About Leathers SofasOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick leather sofa of your dreams.Read more
- 5 Things You Must Know About Fabric SofasAre you wondering what the benefits of a fabric sofa are? Our expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick the fabric sofa of your dreams.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more
- World Cup Home Bar IdeasIt’s Coming Home – in every sense of the word! Make your World Cup experience even better with your own home bar set up. With a fully stocked drinks cupboard, who would want to leave the house?Read more