Previously we have explored the colour trend of using Oak & Blue together in our Dining Room (If you missed it, you can read all about it right here). This week we are going to mix things up a bit and look at a braver colour combination: Aqua and Mulberry Purple!
Over the last few years, we have witnessed the rise of dark colours in our homes, and this is one interior design trend that does not look like it’s slowing anytime soon! Now is the time to update your look with rich, autumnal tones. We’re talking deep mulberry purples and asphalt greys teamed with a refreshing aqua. Well, you don’t want your home feeling too dark now the nights are drawing in!
Colour Trend 1: Deep Purple
Let’s start off with the ever popular Jewel Colours. Dominating the pages of your favourite Interior Magazine this is actually a really easy trend to pull off. You just need the confidence to do so! Coloured Dining Chairs are a great way to bring this trend to life as they add a punch of colour and attitude to any space, without creating huge house renovations.
However, if you want a more dramatic dining room decorating trend, choose a Mulberry Colour Paint for your walls such as Abigail Ahern’s “Bleecker”. This is a very deep shade of purple which reflects light beautifully. Whether you paint just a feature wall or go all out and paint the walls, ceiling, skirting and door frames too, you will not be disappointed!
Colour Trend 2 : Colourful Scandi Style
Potentially the biggest Interior Design trend around is the light, airy and minimalist Scandi style. Typically this colour trend is a subtle palette of whites, neutrals and warm textures like chunky knits and naked woods. That’s not to say it can’t be colourful though! So, by reversing the volume of colour in this pallet and using just a hint of Mulberry Purple, we’ve create a very different look.
The wooden base of the Finn Dining Chair complements the Scandi look perfectly, while the Metro White Gloss Dining Table adds contrast and interest. By styling with coloured glass and sheepskin rugs, we were able to create a warm, inviting, coloured Scandi destination which is achievable in all existing Kitchens or Dining Rooms. Share the colour across your Dining Chairs and Bar Stools for a perfectly coordinated style.
Colour Trend 3: Modern Metallic
Take a look at this: by integrating the Stylo Dining Chair in Aqua, we were able to really lift the room and create a lighter and more refreshing colour scheme for a kitchen that’s still in keeping with our Jewel Tone trend. The reason this colour combination works so well is that Aqua and Purple are opposite each other on the colour wheel. This makes them complementary colours. By deepening the Purple and lightening the Aqua this typically vivid colour combination becomes subtle, stylish, and oh so easy on the eye!
The Chrome Leg of our Stylo Dining Chair helps to keep the room modern, while the combination of Aqua, Purple and White keep it playful. Keep accessories metallic and sleek for a modern contemporary dining room. For a Traditional Family Kitchen, try bright and bold accessories. However, if you’re feeling adventurous why not add in a colourful print or even a printed wallpaper? We can’t get enough of the Prism wallpaper by Cole & Sons.
So to conclude…
Hopefully, you now know what to do to embrace this colour combination and will show us your lovely pictures! If this colour combo isn’t quite your cup of tea, luckily with our dining sets you can choose whatever colour combination you like. Go all one colour or mix and match your dining chairs, it’s up to you. Just remember these tips:
- When picking colour combinations, try using a colour wheel. Aqua and Mulberry Purple are opposites on the colour wheel, making them complementary colours and a very visually stimulating combination. Want a more subtle colour combination? Choose colours which are neighbouring. These could be Aquas, Blues and Greens to create a very relaxing and tranquil setting.
- Play around with the volume of colour you use. Maybe stick to a darker colour on your walls and keep furniture and accessories light. Or opt for neutral walls and floors and keep your chairs and styling bold!
- For a Modern look, use metallics, chrome and gloss finishes. For a scandi look, work with textures, neutrals and mix and match!
- Adding a printed wall paper or dramatic colours to your walls will instantly change the look of a room. Rich, inky tones are very ‘in’ at the moment, so experiment with colours. Just remember to use tester pots on more than 1 wall. That way you can get a feel for the colour in different light and shade. What works opposite a window may look much different around the window itself!
Stay tuned for the next ‘How to use Colour in your Home”. In the meantime, share with us the colours you have chosen on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook with #mydanetti!!
Publish Date: October 2021
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more