How to Use Colour in your Home: Mulberry Purple
Previously we have explored the colour trend of using Oak & Blue together in our Dining Room (If you missed it, you can read all about it right here). This week we are going to mix things up a bit and look at a braver colour combination: Aqua and Mulberry Purple!
Over the last few years, we have witnessed the rise of dark colours in our homes, and this is one interior design trend that does not look like it’s slowing anytime soon! Now is the time to update your look with rich, autumnal tones. We’re talking deep mulberry purples and asphalt greys teamed with a refreshing aqua. Well, you don’t want your home feeling too dark now the nights are drawing in!
Colour Trend 1: Deep Purple
Let’s start off with the ever popular Jewel Colours. Dominating the pages of your favourite Interior Magazine this is actually a really easy trend to pull off. You just need the confidence to do so! Coloured Dining Chairs are a great way to bring this trend to life as they add a punch of colour and attitude to any space, without creating huge house renovations.
This room is subtle, white and very airy, but by dropping in a hint of Mulberry Purple we bring depth and mood to the space. Our Fern Dining Table in Grey Gloss balances out the deep Purple tones, but also reflects the colour around the room. Instant colour coordination and a bang on trend dining area! Introduce Jewel tones like Sapphire and Emerald into your accessories to create a harmonious, colourful look.
However, if you want a more dramatic dining room decorating trend, choose a Mulberry Colour Paint for your walls such as Abigail Ahern’s “Bleecker”. This is a very deep shade of purple which reflects light beautifully. Whether you paint just a feature wall or go all out and paint the walls, ceiling, skirting and door frames too, you will not be disappointed!
Get the Look:
Fern Grey Gloss 6 Seater Dining Table
Stylo Dining Chair in Mulberry Purple
Abigail Ahern Paint in Bleecker
Anzio Bar Stool in Mulberry Purple
Colour Trend 2 : Colourful Scandi Style
Potentially the biggest Interior Design trend around is the light, airy and minimalist Scandi style. Typically this colour trend is a subtle palette of whites, neutrals and warm textures like chunky knits and naked woods. That’s not to say it can’t be colourful though! So, by reversing the volume of colour in this pallet and using just a hint of Mulberry Purple, we’ve create a very different look.
Metro White Gloss & Finn Dining Set
The wooden base of the Finn Dining Chair complements the Scandi look perfectly, while the Metro White Gloss Dining Table adds contrast and interest. By styling with coloured glass and sheepskin rugs, we were able to create a warm, inviting, coloured Scandi destination which is achievable in all existing Kitchens or Dining Rooms. Share the colour across your Dining Chairs and Bar Stools for a perfectly coordinated style.
Get the Look:
Metro White Gloss Extending Dining Table
Finn Dining Armchair in Mulberry Purple
Eve Compact Grey Gloss Sideboard
Colour Trend 3: Modern Metallic
Take a look at this: by integrating the Stylo Dining Chair in Aqua, we were able to really lift the room and create a lighter and more refreshing colour scheme for a kitchen that’s still in keeping with our Jewel Tone trend. The reason this colour combination works so well is that Aqua and Purple are opposite each other on the colour wheel. This makes them complementary colours. By deepening the Purple and lightening the Aqua this typically vivid colour combination becomes subtle, stylish, and oh so easy on the eye!
Tiva & Stylo 6 to 8 Seater Dining Set
The Chrome Leg of our Stylo Dining Chair helps to keep the room modern, while the combination of Aqua, Purple and White keep it playful. Keep accessories metallic and sleek for a modern contemporary dining room. For a Traditional Family Kitchen, try bright and bold accessories. However, if you’re feeling adventurous why not add in a colourful print or even a printed wallpaper? We can’t get enough of the Prism wallpaper by Cole & Sons.
Get the Look:
Mulberry Purple Stylo Dining Chair
So to conclude…
Hopefully, you now know what to do to embrace this colour combination and will show us your lovely pictures! If this colour combo isn’t quite your cup of tea, luckily with our dining sets you can choose whatever colour combination you like. Go all one colour or mix and match your dining chairs, it’s up to you. Just remember these tips:
- When picking colour combinations, try using a colour wheel. Aqua and Mulberry Purple are opposites on the colour wheel, making them complementary colours and a very visually stimulating combination. Want a more subtle colour combination? Choose colours which are neighbouring. These could be Aquas, Blues and Greens to create a very relaxing and tranquil setting.
- Play around with the volume of colour you use. Maybe stick to a darker colour on your walls and keep furniture and accessories light. Or opt for neutral walls and floors and keep your chairs and styling bold!
- For a Modern look, use metallics, chrome and gloss finishes. For a scandi look, work with textures, neutrals and mix and match!
- Adding a printed wall paper or dramatic colours to your walls will instantly change the look of a room. Rich, inky tones are very ‘in’ at the moment, so experiment with colours. Just remember to use tester pots on more than 1 wall. That way you can get a feel for the colour in different light and shade. What works opposite a window may look much different around the window itself!
Stay tuned for the next ‘How to use Colour in your Home”. In the meantime, share with us the colours you have chosen on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook with #mydanetti!!
Publish Date: October 2021
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more
- World Cup Home Bar IdeasIt’s Coming Home – in every sense of the word! Make your World Cup experience even better with your own home bar set up. With a fully stocked drinks cupboard, who would want to leave the house?Read more
- Luxury Design: 4 Things You Need To Know About Luxury Interior DesignDark tones, rich textured finishes and opulent fabrics – this season, it’s all about making your home feel elegant and luxurious. One of the biggest trends emerging in interiors is the idea of ‘Considered Luxury’.Read more
- Lighting Trends: 4 Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionNew to Danetti and inspired by our five-star rated furniture ranges, we’ve curated our very own exclusive collection of lighting that’s perfect for enhancing any room in your home. We sat down with Danetti Buyer, Julie, to discover more about this unique collection.Read more
- 4 Things You Need To Know About Interior Trends This SeasonSoft weaves, sweeping curves and rich textured grains are all the trend this season when it comes to interiors. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Damien to discover more about this season’s need-to-know tips.Read more