We all know it’s coming… Black Friday is just weeks away and most of us will already have our eye on something we hope to scoop a deal on. With all the offers, emails and incentives, it’s easy to get Black Friday fatigue, but that’s where this blog comes in handy. There are ways you can get yourself ready for deals galore, and navigate Black Friday like a pro.
Check out our top tips below on how to buy the thing you want, stress free, for the best price possible.
Our top Black Friday buying, from the experts:
1. GET PREPARED
If you are looking for anything like a sofa, or a bed, or a big piece of furniture, order your swatches now. Most retailers have a swatch service (ours is FREE, just saying). If you order now you will have them in a day or two so you will be ready to order when the time, or the deal, is right.
2. ASK YOURSELF ‘WHAT IS IT WORTH TO ME’
It’s competitive out there - some retailers are offering huge discounts to get your business. If it’s something you can buy anywhere then it obviously makes sense to go where the deals are. But for larger items and investment purchases, you need to prioritise your buying criteria and most importantly, buy what you love. If you are looking at a sofa for example – you will have that sofa for at least 5-10 years. If you buy the one that you love, in a year or two you will still love it – but if you buy something because it was £50 cheaper than ‘The One’, you won’t be sat there in a year’s time going ‘yes, but think how happy we were when we saved £50’. The value of the item should outweigh the value of the discount.
Tip: look for sites offering finance options. This means that you can buy ‘The One’ at the Black Friday price and spread the cost over the year. You can find out more about our 0% finance scheme here.
3. MAKE THE MOST OF ONLINE
Turns out the vast majority of us in the UK won’t be able to hit the shops anyway due to lockdown two, but buying online rather than going to store will save you money and preserve your sanity anyway! If previous years are anything to go by, the Highstreet is not a fun place to be come Black Friday…
Take Black Friday online and:
- Save even more money by avoiding parking charges and get away from unwanted impulse purchases. If you go to the shops the chances of you coming away with just what you went for are slim. Buy online and head straight to the sites you like, no distractions.
- Don’t be beat by ‘out of stocks’. Buying online, you will be buying from a central stock pool, not just the limited units allocated to one store.
- With shopping online you can be calm and focused, making sure that you’re not panic buying.
4. SIGN UP
An inbox full of offers can be bamboozling but if there are things you are looking at, at this time of year it’s crazy not to subscribe to mailing lists. Not only are there early offers and VIP access emails going out, but with so much buying going on over Black Friday, there is slight air of ‘snooze you lose’. The larger the discount, the faster the items may sell so the quicker you see the deal, the less likely you are to miss it.
Want to be in the know when we launch our offers? Find out more about our Black Friday plans here.
Tip: A sign up isn’t a life commitment. After Black Friday you can always have a little purge and go through your emails unsubscribing from brands that you’re no longer interested in. Since the GDPR changes last year brands have had to make it easy. Unsubscribing is as easy a click of a button, literally.
5. DO YOUR RESEARCH
With so many sites in perpetual sale and making bold discounting claims, it’s important to know that the deal and the company you are buying from is genuine. Read reviews, check prices and make sure you have done all your homework before the day itself.
‘Do your price research and make sure your Black Friday discounts are real deals and are not just repeated discount you see throughout the year’ – Amanda, Ecommerce Marketing Manager
If you wanted to compare smaller items or tech, Tom from our Technical team here at Danetti recommends a site called Camel Camel Camel, which will provide a price history for any product that is sold on Amazon.
We’re all stalking our favourite sites and checking out the offers, which sometimes change daily. Things are going in and out of stock, due to demand, and depending what you are looking at availability can change. To make sure that you are always looking at the most up to date information you need to keep refreshing your page and clear your cache and cookies.
‘The easiest way to make sure that your cache and cookies is always clear, and the page is up to date is to open up an incognito window in your browser’ – Tom, Technical Manager
And finally when it comes to a Black Friday mantra, and you choosing your dream bed or dining set, channel Karl Lagerfeld, who surely knew a thing or two about shopping:
‘Buy what you don’t have yet or what you really want, which can be mixed with what you already own. Buy only because something excites you, not just for the simple act of shopping.’ – Karl Lagerfeld.
Publish date: November 2019
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Living Room Ideas and Sofa Secrets: 5x Things You Must Know About Our New RangeFrom sociable shapes and signature styles to her favourite thing about interiors, we caught up with our Danetti Living & Sofa Expert, Julie Nolan, to get the low-down on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Console Table Décor: 5 Top Tips For Decorating Your Console TableWhen it comes to decorating your home, there is nothing like a console table to add personality to a space. Whether you’re starting with a blank canvas or revamping your tactfully curated corner, check out our top tips for styling a console table in your home.Read more
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more