If you visited the 2019 Ideal Home Show at London Olympia, you would have seen a very eye-catching, bright and stylish kitchen room set from Good Homes Magazine and devised by Style Editor, Jess Taverner.
Full of bright colours, luxe materials and curvaceous shapes, this bold look plays on the Pantone 2019 Colour of the Year, Living Coral, while giving a nod to the current interior design trend of curved silhouettes.
Our stylist, Kitt, caught up with Jess to see how she thought up this incredible room set, and why she chose our Danetti products to feature to complete the look…
Kitt: How did you come up with the concept for this Royal Roomset, and what was the inspiration behind the look?
Jess: Each year the Good Homes’ roomsets are assigned a theme and with the overall concept of the Ideal Home Show being ‘Best of British’ we thought it would be fitting to design the roomsets for the Royal family.
The kitchen-diner features two top trends for 2019 – Pantone’s colour of the year, Living Coral, and curvaceous silhouettes. With a glamorous nod to Meghan’s Hollywood lifestyle, the kitchen-diner had to be designed for none other than Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
K: How do you take such a bold colour and incorporate it into a suitable
style for our homes?
J: The key to conjuring up an all-pink colour scheme is to combine a variety of textures to help prevent the pink from overpowering the look. For example, we used natural elements such as herringbone flooring and marble-effect worktops and then introduced blush pink upholstered chairs and brass accents for a luxe finish.
Be daring and enhance crescent-shaped furniture or make a statement with shutters by painting them three or four shades darker than the wall colour.
K: What did you see in the Danetti product that made you choose these pieces for the roomsets?
J: We wanted to elevate this tonal look with plenty of decadent materials – such as brass and velvets. The Form bar stools with curved brass legs and Harper dining chairs featuring shell detailing on the back were perfect for achieving this Hollywood-glam scheme.
K: What’s your favourite element of the roomset?
J: Either the curved cabinets – we had these custom-made for this room. I learned that the carpenter put lots of tiny cuts in the wood to allow it to bend, which I found fascinating. Or, the lighting! I sourced these from a new company that instantly caught my eye.
K: What advice would you give our customers and readers when it comes to using colour?
J: Don’t shy away from using colour, although it can feel daunting, once you find the colours that work for you and instantly bring joy, it can be exciting and uplifting. Either introduce pops of colour with artwork and accessories or push boundaries with paint and furniture.
I’d suggest sourcing lots of paint charts and visual inspiration
Love this Look? Here’s how to recreate for yourself:
If you want to inject a bit of Living Coral into your home, but in a slightly more subtle way, as jess suggested, look at adding a pop of colour to your soft furnishings or wall art.
We love this wallpaper from Cole & Sons for its geometric print and combination of Coral and Pink. Look at wallpapering dresser drawers or framing a bold pattern for less commitment but max style!
Tone down a vibrant print with soft materials and luxe finishes for a soft overall look. To get the look as seen in the Ideal Home Show Royal room set, here’s what you’ll need:
Harper Velvet Dining Chair in Shell
Luca Extending Dining Table
Plaza Blush Pink Velvet Stool
Form Blush Pink Velvet Bar Stool
Big thanks to Jess for chatting with us and credit to Gemma Gear, we hope you love this Living Coral, Royals inspired Kitchen.
Published Date: May 2019
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more