Today, Thursday March 2nd 2017 is World Book Day!
A day when we acknowledge and celebrate the literary geniuses past a present. When children get to dress up as their favourite story book character and books of all shapes and sizes are appreciated and enjoyed. We have compiled our favourite coffee table books, from your dog-eared classics to those which are purely for show. Whether you enjoy reading or just like looking at pictures, we have the perfect Interior books for you to snuggle down with and feel inspired by…
Shades of Grey, Kate Watson-Smyth
There is no denying that Grey is the colour of the moment, and even though colour trends come and go, grey is here to stay. Shades of Grey is a very witty and playful guide for how to use the colour… all 500 shades of them! Kate Watson-Smyth is an interiors journalist and owner of the blog madaboutthehouse.com. She uses her expert interior knowledge and natural humour to inspire and advise how to use different shades of grey for each room of your house. From deep Charcoal to Dove Grey you will find the perfect look for your home.
The Kinfolk Home- Interiors for Slow Living, Nathan Williams
With probable one of the most recognisable covers, The Kinfolk Home is a must have when it comes to the coffee table books for the interior lover. Kinfolk have focused on homes all across the globe, giving the reader an insight into the world of slow living. Whether you live in a New York loft, a London Townhouse or a converted Water Pumping Station in Berlin (extreme, but possible) the ideas and inspirations are endless. Alongside the beautiful pictures of these easy living homes we also meet the owners and get a sneak peak into the inspirations behind these outstanding homes. After reading you will be a total convert and will want to redecorate from top to bottom
Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Marie Kondo
So technically not a coffee table book and more of a self help book. Marie Kondo’s expert advice on tidying and decluttering it too good to miss. We are all guilty of hoarding, be it shoes or paper work, Kondo guides us through our homes one category at a time. She teaches us to only keep things which really “spark joy” and how to store and organise these items. Whether you take on the advice or choose to continue your hoarding ways, this is a great read either way. You will definitely learn a thing or two…
Eames, Gloria Koenig
As part of the Taschen Basic Architecture Series, Eames talks us through the lives of creative duo Charles & Ray Eames. Although best known for their iconic furniture, the couple were also leaders in the world of Design. Be it architecture, photography or textile design. This book is full of wonderful photos of the life of Charles & Ray Eames, and is also a very easy, education read… Perfect for rainy afternoons!
Pantone – The 20th Century in Colour, Leatrice Eiseman
We have here one of our favourite coffee table books from Pantone, the worldwide colour authority. From 1900 to the millennium, we take a trip down memory lane, visiting the key colours and trends of the time. We refresh our minds of past advertisements, art movements and fashion trends. All of which have been complimented by a tasteful Pantone colour pallet. Which in tern creates an instantly recognisable time in history, using only colour. This may not be the meatiest of coffee table books, but it’s full of nostalgia and inspiration… After all, everything comes back around!
The 20th Century Art Book, Phaidon
This is a great book full of well known and unknown artists (500 of them, to be exact) from all across the globe. It is full of pictures and inspiration, whether you’re a student studying art or just a novice. This is a wonderful addition to any coffee table. The 20th Century Art Book is also favourite of Julia Kendall, Interior Designer and TV Presenter, who has a stunning collection with us (take a look right here). Julia says;
“This is a hefty book I genuinely flick through regularly. It’s a great book to ‘dip into’ and I also really love the graphic nature and boldness of the cover!”
No matter what your preferred art style is, there is so much to see and learn! Have a read through and impress all of your friends with you art knowledge!
No stylish coffee table would be complete without our top coffee table books. For ‘me time’ spent reading to great conversation starters, we hope you will love our suggestions. Let us know what your favourite coffee table book is. If you have read any of our suggestions we would love to know what you think of those too!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Cool Cocooning: How To Bring Earthy Colours Into Your HomeFrom turning your bedroom into a soothing sanctuary, to creating a living room with soft and earthy colours that’s perfect for escaping to and relaxing, the design concept - cocooning - is all about turning your home into a serene space.Read more
- Neotenic Design: How To Bring This Interior Style Into Your HomeThe list of trends influencing the world of interiors this season is filled with unique styles. Here’s all you need to know about an unusual trend that’s sweeping homes across the globe.Read more
- Maximalist Décor: 5 Things You Need To Bring Maximalism Into Your HomeBold and bright colours, vivid patterns and ample accessories – more is more when it comes to maximalism. In the world of interiors, this trend is all about having fun and playing with those elements that make a space feel like home.Read more
- Dining and Home Office Trends: The Close Up On Our New CollectionFrom glass and brass to velvet and leather, we’ve got a range of new and exciting pieces coming through in our new collection: ‘Timeless Textures’. Our Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna, shares her exclusive products teasers.Read more
- Summer Home Styling Tips: 5x Ways To Transform Your Home This SeasonFrom adding personality to your garden, to turning your bedroom into an airy sleep sanctuary, discover how you can curate a home look that’ll see you through the season but keep you cool and comfortable this summer.Read more