As we get more adventurous with our homes, it seems no matter what your style is, you can still incorporate Velvet Furniture into your interior scheme. Take a look at these 3 very different interior trends for 2019, and learn how to use velvet furniture in your home.
Art Deco Teal & Blush Pink
Velvet furniture lends itself so well to Art Deco styling, especially when paired with brass as velvet is naturally quite an opulent material. The colour combination of Teal and Blush Pink is bang on trend for 2019, while also creating a cosy, inviting and warm home.
The Peacock Velvet Amalfi Storage Bed brings the modern feel, while the Casa Brass Table Lamps and Blush Pink Plaza Stool add the Art Deco vibe. If you’re feeling a bit more playful, opt for some colour palm prints and lots of house plants for a nod to 1950’s Miami vibes.
Our super cool customer @kingkieronspalace is nailing the Art Deco Teal & Blush Trend by pairing the Teal and Blush Form Dining Armchairs with a vintage marble table. The brass accents on the table and wall tie the whole look together, bring an Art Deco touch to a modern new build.
You can always tone down the look, and choose either Teal or Blush to create an art deco home, or substitute the teal more a darker navy blue. As long as you stick to the brass highlights and introduce a geometric touch, you’ll be working the Art Deco trend all over!
Get The Look
Modern Marble & Monochrome
Grey continues to dominate the pages of your favourite interior magazines, although we are seeing a shift towards warmer greys for 2020. Grey Velvet is a gorgeous material and can be worked in all manner of styles. However, one we are particularly fond of is the combination of grey velvet and marble.
Due to the calming properties of a white and grey, minimal colour palette, this is the perfect combination for use in your bedroom. The simple colour palette promotes relaxation while the mixture of soft velvet with hard marble creates a very luxe look.
This luxe material combo also works amazingly well for kitchens, as marble worktops are a sought after addition. Real Marble or a Marble effect, you can easily bring this opulent look to your home regardless of your budget!
If you want the look of marble, without the high maintenance, take a look at our new Mia Dining Table, with a ceramic top finished with a stunning marble veining.
Pair this with the chic Form Velvet Dining Chairs and Armchairs to create a modern marble and velvet interior. Choose brushed steel for an extra contemporary touch and to bring another element of texture.
Get The Look
Oppulent Jewel Tones
Our final look is a warm, opulent and super stylish look combining rich, jewel tone velvets. Sick to similar shades such a fern green, teal and sapphire blue, and mix and match to create a visually exciting, inviting space.
As green, blue and teal are neighbouring colours on the colour wheel, they make for a harmonious colour scheme. Playing with the levels of each colour can create different feels.
For example, if you choose a dark teal wall with a dark blue sofa with fern green cushions, you will make a much more moody space than if you paired blue chairs with a blue kitchen and light grey walls.
This dark blue kitchen really lends itself to moody furniture. The combination of dark wood from the Nala table and soft Fern Green Velvet of the Clover chairs bring a subtle mid-century vibe, while really creating an inviting space.
The Amalfi bed in peacock velvet works well against this dark blue wall as styled by our customer @appleton2plus_morrishomes. Pair with a touch of warm wood and brass accents for a mid-century vibe.
Create a balanced and well-decorated home by bringing this green velvet and wood style throughout the rest of your space. Pair the Clover Dining Chairs with the new Mia Brass and Walnut Dining Table for a chic, mid-century home with all the style points.
Get The Look
Show us your Style!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more