Okay, so the weather may not be good enough to take yourself off to the beach for a donkey ride and an ice cream just yet, but we’ve landed on the next best thing: filling your home with sorbet colours.
After the gloom of winter, designers have obviously decided to brighten consumers’ homes with some 50s-style pastels.
Here at Danetti, we’re loving the results: pastel-coloured bar stools, vanilla leather sofas, sorbet-coloured accesories and dining chairs in pistachio and peach. Scrummy.
It all started on the catwalks, as many interiors trends do, with the spring summer 2010 shows being full of shades like lemon, rose pink, lilac and palest green. Everyone from from Christopher Kane, Burberry, Stella McCartney and even Chanel embraced this pale look.
It was only a matter of time before the interiors world woke up to just how pretty these colours are, and how they can be brought in to the 21st centuary with the use of cutting edge modern design.
It’s not just furniture that’s getting the pastel touch, even fridges, washing machines and dishwashers are now being made in pinks, blues and buttermilks. And paint experts are also predicting a return to pastel shades, a departure from the white that’s been the staple of many homes for years.
“Mismatching pastel shades such as pale lilac, green and pink, with a brightly striped or spotted wallpaper can break up the look, offering a Fifties feel with a modern twist,” says Lloyd Meheux of decorating experts Brewers.
And these shades work really well if you’re wanting to embrace the trend for a bit of nostalgia that has emerged in recent months. Vintage prints and patchworks look great when paired with pretty pastels.
But don’t over-do it – the key is to make sure that your furniture is modern and well designed, to stop the overall look from being just plain old-fashioned.
Get the look in your own home:
The Frascati bar stool comes in powder pink, lilac and lightest green, the ‘Cream’ bar stool (above) comes in cream, green, lilac and peach, our Arezzo stackable chair (left) is available in pistachio green, our Hanna arm chair comes in lots of shades including pale mint and amber, and this chip and dip bowl (left) and set of six mugs (below) are both in our sale at the moment.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more