Okay, so the weather may not be good enough to take yourself off to the beach for a donkey ride and an ice cream just yet, but we’ve landed on the next best thing: filling your home with sorbet colours.
After the gloom of winter, designers have obviously decided to brighten consumers’ homes with some 50s-style pastels.
Here at Danetti, we’re loving the results: pastel-coloured bar stools, vanilla leather sofas, sorbet-coloured accesories and dining chairs in pistachio and peach. Scrummy.
It all started on the catwalks, as many interiors trends do, with the spring summer 2010 shows being full of shades like lemon, rose pink, lilac and palest green. Everyone from from Christopher Kane, Burberry, Stella McCartney and even Chanel embraced this pale look.
It was only a matter of time before the interiors world woke up to just how pretty these colours are, and how they can be brought in to the 21st centuary with the use of cutting edge modern design.
It’s not just furniture that’s getting the pastel touch, even fridges, washing machines and dishwashers are now being made in pinks, blues and buttermilks. And paint experts are also predicting a return to pastel shades, a departure from the white that’s been the staple of many homes for years.
“Mismatching pastel shades such as pale lilac, green and pink, with a brightly striped or spotted wallpaper can break up the look, offering a Fifties feel with a modern twist,” says Lloyd Meheux of decorating experts Brewers.
And these shades work really well if you’re wanting to embrace the trend for a bit of nostalgia that has emerged in recent months. Vintage prints and patchworks look great when paired with pretty pastels.
But don’t over-do it – the key is to make sure that your furniture is modern and well designed, to stop the overall look from being just plain old-fashioned.
Get the look in your own home:
The Frascati bar stool comes in powder pink, lilac and lightest green, the ‘Cream’ bar stool (above) comes in cream, green, lilac and peach, our Arezzo stackable chair (left) is available in pistachio green, our Hanna arm chair comes in lots of shades including pale mint and amber, and this chip and dip bowl (left) and set of six mugs (below) are both in our sale at the moment.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Cool Cocooning: How To Bring Earthy Colours Into Your HomeFrom turning your bedroom into a soothing sanctuary, to creating a living room with soft and earthy colours that’s perfect for escaping to and relaxing, the design concept - cocooning - is all about turning your home into a serene space.Read more
- Neotenic Design: How To Bring This Interior Style Into Your HomeThe list of trends influencing the world of interiors this season is filled with unique styles. Here’s all you need to know about an unusual trend that’s sweeping homes across the globe.Read more
- Maximalist Décor: 5 Things You Need To Bring Maximalism Into Your HomeBold and bright colours, vivid patterns and ample accessories – more is more when it comes to maximalism. In the world of interiors, this trend is all about having fun and playing with those elements that make a space feel like home.Read more
- Dining and Home Office Trends: The Close Up On Our New CollectionFrom glass and brass to velvet and leather, we’ve got a range of new and exciting pieces coming through in our new collection: ‘Timeless Textures’. Our Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna, shares her exclusive products teasers.Read more
- Summer Home Styling Tips: 5x Ways To Transform Your Home This SeasonFrom adding personality to your garden, to turning your bedroom into an airy sleep sanctuary, discover how you can curate a home look that’ll see you through the season but keep you cool and comfortable this summer.Read more