Okay, so the weather may not be good enough to take yourself off to the beach for a donkey ride and an ice cream just yet, but we’ve landed on the next best thing: filling your home with sorbet colours.
After the gloom of winter, designers have obviously decided to brighten consumers’ homes with some 50s-style pastels.
Here at Danetti, we’re loving the results: pastel-coloured bar stools, vanilla leather sofas, sorbet-coloured accesories and dining chairs in pistachio and peach. Scrummy.
It all started on the catwalks, as many interiors trends do, with the spring summer 2010 shows being full of shades like lemon, rose pink, lilac and palest green. Everyone from from Christopher Kane, Burberry, Stella McCartney and even Chanel embraced this pale look.
It was only a matter of time before the interiors world woke up to just how pretty these colours are, and how they can be brought in to the 21st centuary with the use of cutting edge modern design.
It’s not just furniture that’s getting the pastel touch, even fridges, washing machines and dishwashers are now being made in pinks, blues and buttermilks. And paint experts are also predicting a return to pastel shades, a departure from the white that’s been the staple of many homes for years.
“Mismatching pastel shades such as pale lilac, green and pink, with a brightly striped or spotted wallpaper can break up the look, offering a Fifties feel with a modern twist,” says Lloyd Meheux of decorating experts Brewers.
And these shades work really well if you’re wanting to embrace the trend for a bit of nostalgia that has emerged in recent months. Vintage prints and patchworks look great when paired with pretty pastels.
But don’t over-do it – the key is to make sure that your furniture is modern and well designed, to stop the overall look from being just plain old-fashioned.
Get the look in your own home:
The Frascati bar stool comes in powder pink, lilac and lightest green, the ‘Cream’ bar stool (above) comes in cream, green, lilac and peach, our Arezzo stackable chair (left) is available in pistachio green, our Hanna arm chair comes in lots of shades including pale mint and amber, and this chip and dip bowl (left) and set of six mugs (below) are both in our sale at the moment.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more