We’ve dabbled with Greenery, gone intergalactic with Ultra-Violet, but what’s next? We’ve been waiting for a while to see what’s new for 2019 and we can now reveal Pantone’s Colour of the Year 2019 is…
“An animating and life-affirming coral hue with a golden undertone that energizes and enlivens with a softer edge”
The experts at Pantone have chosen Living Coral for the 2019 colour of the year due to its presence in the natural world, but also across social media, which is having more of an impact on our day to day life. It represents the fusion of modern life, giving a vivid and engaging hue to use across art, design and social.
With such a vibrant colour, how does this translate to interior design? The modern home is unlikely to be painted wall to wall in Living Coral. Instead, we will introduce it in our soft furnishings, accessories or in a few, well-considered areas. Pantone have created Living Coral colour palettes which allow you to be on trend, without going “changing rooms” and painting the house head to toe… Let’s take a look at some subtle colour palettes for your modern home.
The first Living Coral colour palette we have is Sympatico. A subtle, complementary palette reflecting “a beautiful array of colours that humanize; fusing together a panoply of international sin tones”.
This is a really versatile colour combination to translate into our interiors due to the taupe base. You can play around with quantities of each colour to create very different looks, while still creating a harmonious interior which is easy on the eye.
Bring this look into your home with a striped wallpaper like this one from Cole and Son, which features metallic gold stripe with a subtle pop of coral. Pair with neutral furniture and natural textures to balance out the soft tones with harder textures.
Stylist’s Top Tip: Stick to a luxe look for this colour palette to create a high end feel with minimal effort. Balance out your textures and introduce very subtle pops of Living Coral to stop your home feeling too twee. Velvet and walnut would be a great choice for this look.
Get the Look:
110/9044 Striped wallpaper, Cole and Sons
Under the Sea
For our second Living Coral colour palette, we’re taking things a bit more literally. This vibrant ‘Under the Sea’ palette is a bright, eclectic mix of blues, yellows and pinks brings fun and style to your home.
You can really play around with proportions; stick to a predominantly blue interior with coral and yellow accents. Alternatively, keep your walls and furniture neutral and mix all these colours together into your soft furnishings.
Stylist’s Top Tip: This is a great colour palette for young families. Choose bold and clashing prints for a real eccentric style in vibrant colour combinations. Use this colour combo in your kitchen, but remember to keep your walls and furniture white, to avoid giving yourself a headache!
Get the Look:
Seafern Wallpaper, Cole and Sons
Finally, we come to Focal Point. A muted colour palette with greys, olive greens and a gentle touch of Living Coral. This would be a great colour palette for use in bedrooms and living rooms due to its calming feel.
Soft textures lend themselves to this colour palette due to the earthy base tones. Velvets, leathers and woods would all work perfectly, making this colour palette suitable to your existing home interior. Update your walls with a lick of green paint and a botanical wallpaper for a trendy, modern style.
Introducing pops of metallics will also give this colour palette that little lift it needs to avoid becoming too sludgy. Coppers and Brass will work wonders by pulling out the tone in the coral and olive colours while adding that extra stylist’s touch.
Stylist’s Top Tip: Choose a wallpaper with a small pop of Living Coral. If you’re feeling brave, create a focal wallpaper wall and select a colour from within this to paint you woodwork, leaving your walls white. This will make your home feel super considered while remaining a bit more subtle for future trend changes.
Get the Look:
Graham and Green Botanical Wallpaper
What do you think?
So, how do you feel about Living Coral? We’d love to know your thoughts and how you’re introducing Pantone’s 2019 Colour of the Year into your home. Tag us on Facebook and Instagram using #mydanetti and show off your killer style.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more