Our top 5 Dining Sets under £500 – From compact living to family homes
The kitchen is the hub of our homes. It is where we socialise, eat, relax and spend most of our time when were at home. Which is why making your kitchen your favourite space is so important. However, we all know kitchens are not cheap, let alone the furniture we put in them!
We’ve compiled this handy list of our top 5 Dining Sets for under £500. Perfect for those quick and easy home updates, which will make the world of difference! From compact living starter homes to established family homes, you’re sure to find the ideal new dining set for you and your loved ones.
1. Compact Living
As homes get smaller (and more expensive) the desire for compact furniture grows. However, cheap dining furniture will always be a false economy as you use it everyday. For a lot of us, all we need is a really affordable 2 seater dining set for a small space. Maybe somewhere that’s not so much about crowded dinner parties, but more used for intimate dinners or a cosy brunch spot. In this case, choose something that still has the feeling of quality without it costing your right arm!!
Our Fern 2 Seater Grey Gloss Dining Table with Elise Dining chairs is the perfect option for compact living. The gloss finish reflects light back around the room, while the faux leather Elise Dining Chairs bring a touch of modern luxury.
Fern grey gloss and Elise 2 seater dining Set, £329
Style Wish List
If you live in an apartment, often the layout focus is more on the kitchen and living areas, without a dedicated dining space. So why not keep kitchen cupboards for the boring pots and pans, and use a compact side board for the pretty plates? The Lexi Compact Sideboard is the ideal partner for this dining set, and is a practical and stylish storage solution.
Lexi Compact Sideboard in Grey Gloss, £339
2. Style and Durability
In our busy family homes the use of our dining furniture can change on a daily basis. Be it everyday dining, dinner parties or birthday parties, at some point your’ll likely to have more guest to accommodate. The beauty of this dining set is that you can comfortably add a few more chairs, ensuring all your guests have a place to sit! Plus, when it comes to style and durability, a 6 seater glass dining set including chairs is a winner!
This 7 piece dining set consists of a tempered glass dining table with up 6 of our favourite Stylo Chairs. Inspired by the classic Eames Eiffel chairs, the Stylo is a hardwearing (and very comfortable) moulded plastic seat- meaning no spillages to worry about!
Tiva and Stylo 4-6 Seater dining Set, £489
Style Wish List
Much as the Tiva Table, the matching Console reflects the same light, modern and sleek feel throughout the room. The Tiva Console works with any colour scheme, blending into existing home settings. Most of all, you can keep up to date with any interior style as small furnishings and decorations are much easier to change up!
3. Family Home
Choosing practical, yet stylish dining furniture when you have young kids is a tough one. But you shouldn’t compromise style for practicality! The inexpensive Senn coloured chairs add colour and interest which is great for a vibrant, stimulating family home. However, if you do want to change things up and refresh you’re style as the kids get older, this table gives you loads of choice and leaves it really open when it comes to choosing chairs.
Using different colour dining chairs really brings the family vibes, while the White gloss and Oak dining table keeps your kitchen contemporary and modern. Either choose one colour for your chairs or mix and match, for a fun and colourful option.
Arc and Colourful Senn 4 Seater dining Set, £449
Style Wish List
Carry this light and airy scheme throughout the rest of your home by adding small touches of oak. Try using the Oak Dice Side Tabes in your living room for a quick update. As a result you’ll create an easy, considered look to your home.
4. Crisp and Modern Dining
If you want to create an expensive feel without the hefty price tag, look no further than our Profile Dining Table. Get this glass dining table for under £150, and you’re sure to be buying quality. Also, by pairing this glass dining table with the Ida chairs, you’ve got that designer look without the designer price tag!
The padded seat of the Ida Chairs adds that extra layer of comfort, which in turn can extend your family meals together, as we all know that isn’t easy these days!
Profile and Ida 6 Seater Dining Set, £409
Style Wish List
Mimic the sleek style of the Profile Table with our minimal Fern Console Table in Grey Gloss. In addition, this is a practical extra surface for plates, lamps, whatever you’d like! (Plus it looks great as drinks cart!)
Fern Grey Gloss Console Table, £199
5. Starter Home
While purchasing your first home is super exciting, probably best part is filling it with all that lovely furniture! However, this is an expensive time, and you’ll watch to watch the pennies.
The Arc Dining Table is a great starter home piece as it is timeless, elegant and can move with you throughout the coming years. Therefore when teamed with the Riva Chairs you’ve got a really fun and cool dining area to show off to all your friends!
The round glass dining table can sit centre stage or tucked away in the corner. Especially relevant is the fact the Riva’s are stackable dining chairs, meaning you’re space saving all the way!
Arc and Riva 4 Seater dining Set, £475
Style Wish List
As open plan living is on the rise, continue the colour throughout your home by introducing one of our new Plaza Velvet Stools. The teal works perfectly to create a co-ordinated and styled home, while nailing current interior design trends for 2017.
Plaza Velvet Stool, £99 Available to pre-order now!
Mind made up?
Hopefully we have helped inspired you to give you kitchen a quick home update, just by switching up your dining set! If not, let us know what you’d like to know? Just in case, here are a few tips for buying a new dining set and the things to look out for;
- Space is key. Make sure you’re measuring where you want you dining table and chairs to sit, because you need to allow enough room to pull out the chairs to sit comfortably.
- Think about maintenance. Since so many of us are on the go, we don’t always have time to clean. Think about a glass or gloss finish as these can be quickly cleaned with warm soapy water and buffed off with a dry micro-fibre cloth.
- Always use coasters and placemats. Regardless of the finish of your table, you want to protect its surface. So, by using coasters and placemats you’re preventing and scratches or marks.
- Stackable chairs are a godsend! Because we are all after more space, you can stack them up and tuck in a cupboard in the corner until you need them!
- Glass dining tables are super hard wearing and fit into any home interior style. If you’re struggling to choose- Glass is a great option!
- Choose colourful dining chairs, not colourful dining tables. Your dining table will last a long time, so you want something thats timeless. Chairs on the other hand you can have some fun with! As dining chairs are usually the cheaper options, its!
- Most of all, choose a quality dining set. You might be able to find cheaper options out there, but can you guarantee the quality? We pride ourselves on our quality, and our aim really is to make great design affordable to everyone.
Since we love seeing your pics, let us know which Dining Set you’ve chosen by sharing your pics on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, tagging us and using #mydanetti. We’re looking forward to seeing your amazing homes!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- 4 Things You Must Know About Leathers SofasOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick leather sofa of your dreams.Read more
- 5 Things You Must Know About Fabric SofasAre you wondering what the benefits of a fabric sofa are? Our expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick the fabric sofa of your dreams.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more
- World Cup Home Bar IdeasIt’s Coming Home – in every sense of the word! Make your World Cup experience even better with your own home bar set up. With a fully stocked drinks cupboard, who would want to leave the house?Read more