Crisp leaves, gorgeous orange and yellow hues, and the smell of pumpkin spice – there really is something quite magical and cosy about this time of year. Although adding a bit of ‘spooky factor’ to your home can be fun when it comes to Halloween, you do not have to wait until the end of October to get creative and play with your interior.
In this blog post, we are going to share some styling tips on two looks that are guaranteed to bring those autumnal vibes into your home – see how you can have some styling fun with our top tips for building these looks.
First Look: Classic Autumn
This looks is all about the ‘natural’ and warm colours and incorporates materials that give a nod to this time of year such as orange pumpkins, leaves, acorns, wood, clove spiked oranges, and earthy tones. This keeps is simple and makes a strong autumnal statement.
Seasonal decorations are a great way to add temporary interest to an interior that is clean and modern throughout the rest of the year. It is a time to have fun and experiment. If you are worried about mess with getting too natural or crafty, how about a faux garland (like the one below) – it would not drop leaves and will see you right through to Christmas.
If orange is the only way to go for you this October, then why not use your pumpkin as a vase for other seasonal flowers? Cut the top quarter off a pumpkin, scoop out the seeds and the insides, and fill with dahlia, sunflowers, cornus, berries or yellow and orange roses.
Danetti Detail: If you cannot get enough of that gorgeous autumnal rust colour, check out our new Clara and Serena bar stools so you can keep the rich colour all year round.
If you do have colour in your home, but are worried about overkill, use the colour wheel to help build your look. Autumn shades complement jewel tones and teals as they are opposite on the colour wheel. This also makes it more Autumn than Halloween.
Form Dark Teal Velvet and Brass Bar Stool With Backrest
More Styling Tips:
- Bring a bit of the outside inside by using natural materials in your décor. Colourful flowers, dried corn and dried leaves are all signs of autumn and create a real homely and rustic vibe, adding to that October cosiness.
- The dining table is a great a focal point to show off any arrangements and add extra little touches; use twine to tie up linen napkins and cutlery when serving dinner to add those extra autumnal accents to your table and centre piece.
- Lanterns or seasonal candles will add a homely evening glow this time of year as well as a ‘toasty’ feel to any room with warming scents such as pumpkin spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie, mulled cider and more.
Second Look: Autumn with a twist
This look is more of a soft ‘Natural Nordic’ look that centres around natural foliage and painted pumpkins. It still nods to those traditional elements but incorporate other shades and tones.
The look here is all about layered textures so more is more with mixed foliage, twigs, real, faux, pampas grass, fir cones. One long walk and you will have all you need! Tip: unless you are going full out faux, make sure you all decorations on or in something as these types of Autumn decorations will drop and make a less if not.
Painting pumpkins is a chic way of adding a little ‘October’ to your home but feels more Autumn than Halloween. If you are wanting to add a few painted pumpkins in other shades and tones around your home, you can use tester pots or mix up paint that you already have at home. If your home follows more of a monochrome colour scheme, having white or silver pumpkins can still create a seasonal atmosphere and provide a more cohesive look with your home palette.
If you do not like the idea of doing an all-out ‘fall’ themed display, why not create some evergreen centrepieces and opt for simple and elegant garlands with plain candles.
Shop The Look
Get our featured products now
Clara Rust Velvet Bar Stool
Regular price £159.00Rated 5.0 out of 5
Serena Rust Velvet Bar Stool
Regular price £169.00Rated 4.9 out of 5
Form Dark Teal Velvet And Brass Bar Stool With Backrest - Set Of 2
Regular price £358.00Rated 4.9 out of 5
Valencia Clear Glass And Walnut With Clover Fern Green Velvet 4 Seater Set
Regular price £1,035.20Rated 5.0 out of 5
Landon Light Grey Real Leather Dining Chair
Regular price £219.00Rated 4.8 out of 5
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more