January is an important month in the furniture calendar as it sees some of the most important interiors exhibitions – places where we go to buy, be inspired and talk to everybody who’s anybody in the world of furniture.
From January 18-23rd the Danetti team headed to the IMM in Cologne, Germany, and then flew back to the UK in time to get ourselves to ‘interiors’ in Birmingham, which started on January 23rd.
We always find these events really useful because it’s clear to see from the exhibitions which direction the furniture industry is heading, and it’s always nice to see that we’ve been buying the right stock!
We thought we’d share with you a few of the trends we can see emerging very clearly for the next year or so, which may help you to make furniture choices which will be the envy of all your friends in the months to come…
1. Dining chairs with coloured legs to match or contrast with the seat and back.
While the majority of dining chairs still have contrasting frames – usually in an lacquered aluminium or a chrome finish, there’s a growing popularity for chair frames in colours, either to match the seat itself, or else to contrast with it and provide a design statement.
2. Mixing gloss and matt
Texture is set to be all important for 2011, not just colour.
A great way to introduce some to your home is by mixing matt and gloss surfaces in the same colour. For instance, you could opt for a table and chairs in a matt and then add a sideboard in the same colour but with a glossy finish.
Many of the items available from Danetti are stocked in a variety of finishes, so you’ll be spoilt for choice if you go for this look.
3. Bar stools with coloured acrylic seats
The bar stool is going even funkier and more fashion forward for 2011, with acrylic seats proving very popular it seems.
Acrylic seats are both serviceable – which is important if the bar stool is going to get a lot of use – and have designer appeal.
The Coco A-frame bar stool comes in eight zingy colours, five of them translucent.
4. Relaxed dining arrangements with sofas and benches replacing the traditional individual dining chair
It’s a move towards restaurant-style seating where lots of people can pack in around a table to enjoy food to share.
This type of seating is especially great for growing families and people who like to entertain because it offers so much flexibility.
5. 70s-inspired prints and shapes
From geometric wallpaper to bold bright retro colours, there’s a definite 70s vibe going on in interiors for 2011.
Modern over-sized sofas, cube stools and other pieces of furniture in simple block-colours work well with this look. Take a look at our Stella sofa and Stella armchair which come in retro-tastic red and green, among other colours.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- 4 Things You Need To Know About Interior Trends This SeasonSoft weaves, sweeping curves and rich textured grains are all the trend this season when it comes to interiors. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Damien to discover more about this season’s need-to-know tips.Read more
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more
- Relaxing Interior Design: 3 Ways To Create a Relaxing Space at HomeSoft and neutral palettes, soothing fabrics and textures, and subtle signature detailing; it’s the perfect interior recipe for creating a home that feels like a sanctuary. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Francesca, to discover how you can easily create an aesthetic that feels comfortable, warm, and cosy.Read more
- Armchairs and Accents Chairs: How To Style Your Occasional ChairCreate your own reading corner, bring a cosy feeling to your living space, or add character to your bedroom with our collection of accent chairs and occasional chairs.Read more