January is an important month in the furniture calendar as it sees some of the most important interiors exhibitions – places where we go to buy, be inspired and talk to everybody who’s anybody in the world of furniture.
From January 18-23rd the Danetti team headed to the IMM in Cologne, Germany, and then flew back to the UK in time to get ourselves to ‘interiors’ in Birmingham, which started on January 23rd.
We always find these events really useful because it’s clear to see from the exhibitions which direction the furniture industry is heading, and it’s always nice to see that we’ve been buying the right stock!
We thought we’d share with you a few of the trends we can see emerging very clearly for the next year or so, which may help you to make furniture choices which will be the envy of all your friends in the months to come…
1. Dining chairs with coloured legs to match or contrast with the seat and back.
While the majority of dining chairs still have contrasting frames – usually in an lacquered aluminium or a chrome finish, there’s a growing popularity for chair frames in colours, either to match the seat itself, or else to contrast with it and provide a design statement.
2. Mixing gloss and matt
Texture is set to be all important for 2011, not just colour.
A great way to introduce some to your home is by mixing matt and gloss surfaces in the same colour. For instance, you could opt for a table and chairs in a matt and then add a sideboard in the same colour but with a glossy finish.
Many of the items available from Danetti are stocked in a variety of finishes, so you’ll be spoilt for choice if you go for this look.
3. Bar stools with coloured acrylic seats
The bar stool is going even funkier and more fashion forward for 2011, with acrylic seats proving very popular it seems.
Acrylic seats are both serviceable – which is important if the bar stool is going to get a lot of use – and have designer appeal.
The Coco A-frame bar stool comes in eight zingy colours, five of them translucent.
4. Relaxed dining arrangements with sofas and benches replacing the traditional individual dining chair
It’s a move towards restaurant-style seating where lots of people can pack in around a table to enjoy food to share.
This type of seating is especially great for growing families and people who like to entertain because it offers so much flexibility.
5. 70s-inspired prints and shapes
From geometric wallpaper to bold bright retro colours, there’s a definite 70s vibe going on in interiors for 2011.
Modern over-sized sofas, cube stools and other pieces of furniture in simple block-colours work well with this look. Take a look at our Stella sofa and Stella armchair which come in retro-tastic red and green, among other colours.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more