January is an important month in the furniture calendar as it sees some of the most important interiors exhibitions – places where we go to buy, be inspired and talk to everybody who’s anybody in the world of furniture.
From January 18-23rd the Danetti team headed to the IMM in Cologne, Germany, and then flew back to the UK in time to get ourselves to ‘interiors’ in Birmingham, which started on January 23rd.
We always find these events really useful because it’s clear to see from the exhibitions which direction the furniture industry is heading, and it’s always nice to see that we’ve been buying the right stock!
We thought we’d share with you a few of the trends we can see emerging very clearly for the next year or so, which may help you to make furniture choices which will be the envy of all your friends in the months to come…
1. Dining chairs with coloured legs to match or contrast with the seat and back.
While the majority of dining chairs still have contrasting frames – usually in an lacquered aluminium or a chrome finish, there’s a growing popularity for chair frames in colours, either to match the seat itself, or else to contrast with it and provide a design statement.
2. Mixing gloss and matt
Texture is set to be all important for 2011, not just colour.
A great way to introduce some to your home is by mixing matt and gloss surfaces in the same colour. For instance, you could opt for a table and chairs in a matt and then add a sideboard in the same colour but with a glossy finish.
Many of the items available from Danetti are stocked in a variety of finishes, so you’ll be spoilt for choice if you go for this look.
3. Bar stools with coloured acrylic seats
The bar stool is going even funkier and more fashion forward for 2011, with acrylic seats proving very popular it seems.
Acrylic seats are both serviceable – which is important if the bar stool is going to get a lot of use – and have designer appeal.
The Coco A-frame bar stool comes in eight zingy colours, five of them translucent.
4. Relaxed dining arrangements with sofas and benches replacing the traditional individual dining chair
It’s a move towards restaurant-style seating where lots of people can pack in around a table to enjoy food to share.
This type of seating is especially great for growing families and people who like to entertain because it offers so much flexibility.
5. 70s-inspired prints and shapes
From geometric wallpaper to bold bright retro colours, there’s a definite 70s vibe going on in interiors for 2011.
Modern over-sized sofas, cube stools and other pieces of furniture in simple block-colours work well with this look. Take a look at our Stella sofa and Stella armchair which come in retro-tastic red and green, among other colours.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more