Spring is finally in sight! After what has felt like the longest and darkest winter ever, it’s time to brush off the cobwebs, rearrange the furniture and get ready for summer!
However, if you’re still recovering from Christmas (and a couple of long months), you may not be in the position to re-furnish your entire home. That’s not a problem! Take a look at our favourite cost-effective spring home updates, all under £150. Meaning you can add that splash of much-needed colour and style to make your home feel like new.
Dining Chairs from £29
One of the quickest and inexpensive home updates is to change up your dining chairs. Dining chairs are a great way to add style, colour and personality to your home, be it in a specific dining room, or in a cosy, open plan kitchen. For spring home updates, try introducing colour into your dining chairs, such as our Zilo range:
This hardwearing fabric dining chair has a sleek, black powder coated slim leg, with a range of 5 rich colours to choose from. Plus, starting at just £98 for a pair, a very cost-effective way to inject summer vibes into your home!
Alternatively, if you prefer plastic dining furniture take a look at our Finn Range. Plastic is a great material for dining furniture, as it’s really simple to clean. This makes it ideal for young families and you can usually find a wide array of colours.
Our Finn range consists of dining chairs and armchairs, as well as our new Finn Barstool. Mix and match your favourite colours for a bright and personal style, or stick to a minimal colour pallet for a subtle style.
Dining Tables under £150
Typically your dining table will be one of your most expensive furniture purchases, as we tend to invest in larger furniture pieces. However, if you’ve got a tight home improvement budget, we have a couple of modern options which are perfect for you. If you’re a first-time buyer or after something a little lighter, we have a great selection of dining tables under £150.
The Zilo Glass Dining Table is the perfect partner for our Zilo Dining Chairs, and at just £149, a wise choice too. The minimal design means this table is suitable for all modern interiors and works well with all existing furniture.
On the other hand, if space is at a premium, why not check out a more compact round 2 seater dining table. The Naro is a great choice for first-time buyers or those in rented accommodation. The combination of the tempered glass top and chrome pedestal help to brighten your space, avoiding any unwanted dark corners.
Living Room Updates from £89
We all know that Sofas are the one piece of furniture we buy to last. However, there’s nothing to stop you updating your living space in-line with current interior design trends. New side tables or coffee tables are a great way to refresh your home for spring- without breaking the bank!
The Acute range consists of 2 different size Coffee Tables, Side Tables and Console Tables. This allows you the flexibility to mix and match to create your ideal living space. What’s more, with 4 different finishes and prices starting from just £89, it’s an easy decision to make.
Acute Square Coffee Table – Combine 2 tables for a larger coffee table, with the flexibility to move as and when.
Alternatively, if you’re looking for quick and simple weekend home improvement projects, why not look at painting a feature wall to tie in with your new side tables?
Take the Pebble Side Tables, for example. The modern pop of colour works great on its own. However, paint a feature wall or choose a statement wallpaper, and you have pretty much a whole new room! We love Cole and Sons ‘Hicks’ Hexagon’ with the Teal pebble side tables. A subtle metallic with a touch of teal help creates an interior designed feel, without a full room overhaul.
Statement Wallpaper from Cole and Sons
Console Tables under £150
Our final recommendation for cost-effective interior updates is the Tiva Console Table. Much like the Naro Dining Table we featured above, the glass and chrome combination gives the illusion of space.
For just £139, introducing a new console table to your hallway, living room or even bedroom will give you a handy extra surface and ensure your home feels considered and tied together. The versatility of a console table means you can use it for just about anything, while its compact shape means it will sit in even the most awkward of spaces.
How to update your home for spring on a budget
Just to recap, if you’re looking to give your home a spring update, these are the cost-effective furniture pieces you want to look out for:
- Dining Chairs – These bring colour and personality to your kitchen. Plastic dining chairs are a great, low-cost choice for families, while fabric dining chairs bring depth and texture.
- Dining Tables – If you’re pressed for space and want to furnish your home on a budget, our Glass Dining Tables allow light to flood through your room, creating a stylish space without costing an arm and a leg.
- Coffee and Side Tables – You can add a modern look to your home simply by refreshing your living room furniture. Remember, adding colourful furniture to match statement walls will create a considered interior worthy of the pages of your favourite interior magazines.
- Console Tables – These versatile pieces are great in any room of your house. Style as a minimal dressing table, or place in the hallway for an extra surface to prop.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more