With good food, good company and comfortable furniture, I’m sure that we all would agree the most important and enjoyable part of the day is sitting down to dine, whether it be with family or friends. Finding a dining table and dining chairs that can fit well in your dining space can be challenging.
So Here is our Danetti Guide To Choosing The Right Dining Furniture
Measure The Space
Measure the dining area, there should be at least a 900mm gap between the wall and the edge of the dining table. This ensures that the chairs will sit comfortably under the table and that the chairs are easy to pull out.
Consider Who Will Be Using The Space
When sitting down to dine, the last thing you want is to be knocking elbows with the person next to you, so always think about the space and how it is going to be used. If you will use the area for family dining then a 4-8 seater dining table can be sufficient enough but if you hold frequent dinner parties then opt for a larger dining table seating over 8 people. If you only entertain large groups on an occasional basis, consider buying a smaller table that can expand. Ideally, the dining table should measure 900mm inches across. Narrower than that leaves no place in the middle for food; wider than that makes conversation difficult with the person seated opposite you.
Choose Chairs That Compliment Your Table
As being a formal occasion, choose a dining chair that has similar design elements to the table to create symmetry. Advisably match the legs of the table and of the chair.
The Chair Must Be Comfortable
We recommend a choosing a dining chair that is 435 mm wide as a standard size and at least 400mm deep. Obviously if you have a larger space and have opted for a bigger table then this can be increased. Dining chairs that are under these dimensions should be avoided as they cannot offer enough support.
Now you should be able to create the perfect dining experience!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more