With Mother’s Day just under a week away, chances are you’ve not quite decided on your plans. Luckily, we have helped you out and given you 6 sure-fire, nearly free ideas to really treat your Mum this Mother’s Day.
1. Pamper Evening & Movie Night
Feeling the cold? Why not stay in with your Mum and treat yourselves to a Mother’s Day pamper night. Pop to your local health and beauty store and pick up a variety of face masks, mani-pedi kits and some essential oils. Light a few candles for the hygge feel and chill out with a great film.
Here’s a couple of the classic movie suggestions you may not have seen in a while:
- Breakfast at Tiffanys
- Dirty Dancing
- Bridget Jones’ Diary
- Pretty Woman
(Our Ellis Sofa is perfect for those cosy nights in)
2. Afternoon Walk
If you’re after a bit of fresh air and activity, who not go for a Mother’s Day walk? We live in such a beautiful country with so many stunning walking routes. Living in London? Take a stroll around one of the many beautiful parks. No doubt there are plenty of stunning walking spots local to you and your family.
Surrey Hills – Sheer
3. Gin Distillery Tour
For those of you who are looking for Mother’s Day activities for Adults, the perfect day out for a Gin lover is a Distillery Tour. England produces some world class Gins, with the majority of distilleries open for Tours! Take a look at our top 5 Gin Tours and treat your mum to a tasty treat!
1. Bombay Sapphire Gin Tour, Hampshire
Tickets start from £16 for adults, and you get a free cocktail at the end of the tour! You’ll learn how the Gin is made and pick your favourite scents for a tailor-made cocktail.
The Mediterranean Glasshouse at Laverstoke
2. Ian Macleod Distillers, Edinburgh
The parent company of the Edinburgh Gin, the Ian Macleod Distillers Gin Tour teaches you all about Edinburgh’s historic Gin culture, dating all the way back to the 1700’s. Tickets start at £10, and advance booking is essential.
3. Black Friars Plymouth Gin, Plymouth
With tickets ranging from £7-£40, and tours lasting 40 minutes to 2 and a half hours, there is a tour for your Gin Novices to Gin Experts. Plus, at the end of the tour you can choose a complimentary miniature bottle of Black Friars Gin to take home, or your choice of cocktail at the in-house bar.
4. Beefeater Gin, London
One of London’s hidden gems and one of the oldest remaining Gin distilleries in the capital. Self-guided tours cost just £12 including a complimentary gin and tonic.
Beefeater Distillery, London – Time Out
5. Manchester Three Rivers Gin, Manchester
One for the Gin lovers, this tour does cost £95 per person. However you get a lot for that price; 3 hours spent delving into the history of Gin, including 4 complimentary drinks during the tour, ending in you being let loose and creating your very own bottle of gin to take home.
3. Home-cooked Meal
Mother’s Day isn’t just about Mothers. It’s also for your Grandmother, Sister, Wife, Cousin, and Daughter. So why not get all the strong women in your family over for some great homemade food.
Make it a special occasion and do good for charity by hosting your own coffee morning or bake sale. See the family, enjoy some homemade treats and raise money for a great cause at the same time. Everyone has their own story, and by hosting a great get together and raising money for a cause close to your heart couldn’t be more rewarding!
(Don’t forget, you’ve still got time to order one of our Extending Dining Sets to make sure you’ve got enough space for the whole family!)
Stuck for ideas on what to cook? You can’t go wrong with a classic Victoria sponge cake for your coffee morning! But to make it that little bit more special, here’s our favourite Victoria Sponge with white chocolate and raspberry filling recipe:
For the cake:
- 175g butter softened
- 175g caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g self-raising flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- 1-2 tbsp milk
For the filling:
- 75g white chocolate, melted
- 100g butter softened
- 100g icing sugar, plus extra to dust
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4-5 tbsp raspberry jam
1. Cream together your butter and sugar. Once light and fluffy, add your eggs and mix in until smooth. Then, fold in your flour, ensuring no clumps at all! Add your vanilla extract, baking powder and milk (as needed), and bake in 2 greased baking tins at 190˚C for about 15-20. Or until light and fluffy.
2. While your cakes are baking, make a smooth white chocolate buttercream icing for the middle of your Victoria sponge. Melt your white chocolate and fold together with your butter and icing.
3. Once your cakes have cooled, smother one of the cakes with your white chocolate icing, the other with raspberry jam. Place a handful of raspberries in the buttercream icing and sandwich the 2 cake together (making sure the icing and jam are together, of course). Then decorate the top with any remaining raspberries, strawberries and/or blueberries and give a light dusting with some icing sugar.
4. Then, enjoy! (If you wanted to be really adventurous, you could even pop a few raspberries into your cake mix, for a juicy surprise!)
Looking for an activity to do on Mother’s Day? There are so many workshops you can book yourself onto! A quick Google will reveal loads of workshops all over the country, which are great Mother’s Day ideas. Be it pottery, life drawing or cooking classes, you’re sure to find an activity you’ll both love.
Kellys Florist Workshop
6. RHS Garden Wisley
And finally, for those of you who love horticulture, why not take a visit to RHS Gardens, Wisley. Have a look around the beautiful gardens and explore the exotic plants, stopping off at one of the 5 different eateries when your legs are worn out!
You can also buy annual memberships to RHS gardens up and down the country for less than £50- meaning you and your mother can enjoy these stunning gardens throughout every season. Perhaps this can become a regular day out, and not just for Mother’s Day.
RHS Garden Wisley – Visit Surrey
Whoever you’re celebrating Mother’s Day with this year, and whatever you decide to do, we hope you all have a fantastic day. Here’s to our amazing Mothers! If you’re hosting Mother’s Day this year and have some stylish Danetti furniture, don’t forget to tag us in your photos on Facebook and Instagram using #mydanetti.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more
- How Colours Affect Your Mood And InteriorHave you ever wondered why we make certain decisions based on colour? Colour is a key player when it comes to interior design as your chosen colour scheme sets the mood for your space. Take a look at some of our top palette picks for your home makeover.Read more