For the past few years, Grey has been the colour of choice for all of our interiors. However, we all know that trends come and go, and this year we are seeing a shift towards Neutrals. Grey still has a place in our homes, but now with undertones of taupes and creams. These earthy tones are richer, deeper and allow you to be more adventurous with your interior colour schemes.
Take a look at our styling suggestions for each room in your home. From furniture to wallpaper to paint colours, you’ll be updating your home with warm neutrals in no time at all.
Neutrals in the Kitchen
For most of us, the kitchen will probably be the most expensive purchase we make for our homes. Most of us won’t be in the position to update it every time trends change! Which is why it’s always wise to stick to a neutral colour pallet for those longer lasting purchases. Think stone coloured doors with wooden worktops… timeless!
That said, there are a few small cost-effective home updates for your kitchen that you can update with the changing seasons. But let’s start with the basics…
Neutrals are great for the kitchen, as the majority of textures and materials which are used for kitchens sit very well in a neutral colour palette. Grey gloss and Oak is a perfect combination as the coolness of the grey is balanced by the warmness of the wood. But be sure to choose a grey with an earthy tone, rather than a blue tone as this can look a bit too cool.
Our Cross Grey Gloss and Oak dining table is the perfect partner to your grey gloss kitchen. Pair with the Form Dining Chair in Cool Grey for a modern touch. Update your kitchen cupboard handles to chrome and play with marble textures to bring this look to life. It’s these small details which will give your kitchen that interior designer edge.
Stylists Tip: For extra kitchen storage, choose a simple grey gloss sideboard, such as our Lexi sideboard to keep the look clean and modern. Top it off with a cool wallpaper in an oatmeal shade to create a real focal point in your dining area.
Get the Look:
Neutrals in the Living Room
Our living rooms tend to be where we relax and unwind at the end of a long day. Because of this, calming colours are best suited to areas of relaxation as they exude that calming vibe. Pairing neutral shades with a blush pink and brushed brass creates an elegant and stylish interior. As with our kitchens, sofas are also an investment piece of furniture, so by choosing this is a neutral colour will ensure longevity.
You can then update the more cost-effective items, such as side tables and coffee tables inline with current interior design trends. That way, your home is always bang on trend without breaking the bank! We think the warm Parchment real leather of our Ellis range sits perfectly with our new Plaza Velvet Stool in Blush. Pair with the Brass Ripple Coffee Table and a bold wallpaper for a feminine, neutral interior.
Stylists Tip: If you want to great a more colourful look, but still in keeping with a neutral theme, try adding muted shades of green. The green and pink are a great colour combination, very on trend, but by selecting a more muted shade, the colour won’t feel too overpowering. In turn, you’ve got a soothing neutral interior with a bit more depth and personality.
Wallpaper from Graham Brown
For more masculine interiors, swap blush for navy blue. Try our Sapphire Velvet Plaza Stool and a strong geometric wallpaper. Keep a touch of brass within the wallpaper for that luxe feel.
Get the Look
Flamingo Wallpaper from Freathr
Neutrals in the Home Office
Finally, we come to the home office. If you have the luxury of a dedicated home office, you can afford to get a little more creative by designing an individual and unique scheme. However, if you have a compact workspace tucked away in a corner, these neutrals will sit well in any existing interiors.
For this look, we are continuing with natural wood, but balancing the cool, scandi vibe with a rich Cashmere real leather. Balancing washed out woods with rich chocolate tones adds texture and keeps the overall look warmer. Warm neutrals are great for home office spaces as they promote concentration and productivity.
Stylists Tip: Choose a playful wallpaper with subtle tones to keep the space interesting. Use different metallic finishes for a sleek, modern style. Balancing out warm neutrals with heather based colours will help to warm up and greys or earthy tones.
Dulux’s Colour of the year 2018, Heartwood, is a perfect pairing to neutral shades as its earthy base helps pull out the lilac tones in your other furnishings. Find out more about Heartwood right here.
Get the Look
Flo Wallpaper from Feathr
By now, you should have a solid idea on how to use new, warming neutrals in your existing interiors. Remember, if you still want to use grey rather than natural colours, be sure to pick a warmer shade to keep your home cosy and on trend. If you decide to re-decorate or re-furnish your home with these tips in mind, be sure to tag us!
Tag us by using #mydanetti on Facebook and Instagram to show off your Danetti Neutral Style!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more