1. Make the Most of Your Kitchen SpaceIf you have a large enough room or are willing to knock through from your kitchen to another room, then a kitchen diner will draw the whole family together. Choose furniture that’s relaxed and family-friendly, like an extending dining set or a round dining table, as this will make everyone feel welcome.
2. Go For Something CosierThere’s no reason your dining area shouldn’t be as comfortable as your lounge or living area. You want to make sure everyone is sitting comfortably before, during and after dinner. One way to do this is to have dining benches. Benches create such a relaxed and conversational setting as they bring everyone a bit closer together.
If you want to really up the comfort factor, choose a velvet bench. This will give your dining space a more cosy vibe, similar to that of your living room, thanks to the plush velvet upholstery and comfy padded seat.
3. Sociable Island Seating
If you want to create a space with a chilled, contemporary feel- a place where you can have a cappuccino in the mornings and sit with your friends in the evenings, then a breakfast bar styled with a few bar stools may be the answer. Bar stools look great in modern kitchens and really help to open up the space. Having bar stools alongside your dining table also means there are plenty of seats for all the family.
4. Keep it Bright
Well-lit spaces are always far more inviting than dark and dingy rooms. Lots of natural light will always help illuminate the space, but you can also brighten the area with your choice of furniture too. Reflective gloss finishes and glass tables will bring a visual lightness to your space. These materials can also be styled alongside brighter coloured dining chairs. Be bold with your colour choices for a fun and entertaining space.
If you’d like some help choosing a dining set for your dining area, take a look at our Extending Dining Sets Buying Guide.
Show Us Your Style!
Have we inspired you to make the kitchen the hub of your home? We hope so! Remember to share with us your Danetti transformations by posting a picture on social, along with the #mydanetti.
Published Date: March 2011
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more
- How Colours Affect Your Mood And InteriorHave you ever wondered why we make certain decisions based on colour? Colour is a key player when it comes to interior design as your chosen colour scheme sets the mood for your space. Take a look at some of our top palette picks for your home makeover.Read more