We’ve changed the way we use our homes. Open plan spaces and larger kitchen-diners make for far more sociable spaces. One person can be cooking while others sit around the table or at a breakfast bar, meaning the kitchen is no longer just a place to cook. It’s fast becoming the heart and social hubs of our homes! If you don’t feel you’re making the most for your kitchen, have no fear. In this post, we offer our best tips so you can transform your kitchen into the hub of your home.
1. Make the Most of Your Kitchen Space
If you have a large enough room or are willing to knock through from your kitchen to another room, then a kitchen diner will draw the whole family together. Choose furniture that’s relaxed and family-friendly, like an extending dining set or a round dining table, as this will make everyone feel welcome.
2. Go For Something Cosier
There’s no reason your dining area shouldn’t be as comfortable as your lounge or living area. You want to make sure everyone is sitting comfortably before, during and after dinner. One way to do this is to have dining benches. Benches create such a relaxed and conversational setting as they bring everyone a bit closer together.
If you want to really up the comfort factor, choose a velvet bench. This will give your dining space a more cosy vibe, similar to that of your living room, thanks to the plush velvet upholstery and comfy padded seat.
3. Sociable Island Seating
If you want to create a space with a chilled, contemporary feel- a place where you can have a cappuccino in the mornings and sit with your friends in the evenings, then a breakfast bar styled with a few bar stools may be the answer. Bar stools look great in modern kitchens and really help to open up the space. Having bar stools alongside your dining table also means there are plenty of seats for all the family.
4. Keep it Bright
Well-lit spaces are always far more inviting than dark and dingy rooms. Lots of natural light will always help illuminate the space, but you can also brighten the area with your choice of furniture too. Reflective gloss finishes and glass tables will bring a visual lightness to your space. These materials can also be styled alongside brighter coloured dining chairs. Be bold with your colour choices for a fun and entertaining space.
If you’d like some help choosing a dining set for your dining area, take a look at our Extending Dining Sets Buying Guide.
Show Us Your Style!
Have we inspired you to make the kitchen the hub of your home? We hope so! Remember to share with us your Danetti transformations by posting a picture on social, along with the #mydanetti.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more