If I asked you what the world’s favourite colour is, what would you say? Grey is very on trend right now. Maybe black is always a safe option. Well, Papermakers G.F Smith asked the globe what their favourite colour is, and the winner does not disappoint…
Marrs Green was unveiled at the world’s favourite colour with thousands of paper helicopters over the skies of Hull. Image from G.F Smith Instagram (our follow of the week!)
Marrs Green is a deep green with a hint of blue which creates an inviting Teal shade. It’s warm, yet cool. Bright, although not overpowering. By introducing Marrs Green into your home, you’ll create a tranquil environment, with a strong design feel.
We’ve been a fan of Marrs Green (or teal, in some form) for some time now, and have a couple of pieces you may be interested in. These quick and cost effective home updates can bring this courageous and harmonious colour into your home, without breaking the bank.
Pebble Side Tables
First of all, a Gloss Side Table is a great option for busy family homes. However, throw in a bold colour, such a Marrs Green, and you’re onto a winner. Stackable and nesting tables are a key furniture trend for 2017 as they’re compact and stylish. The Pebble Side Tables slide into any colourful home interior or minimal living space. Plus, at just £199 for the set, they’re the perfect, yet cost effective option for a quick home makeover.
So, this is too bright for you? Maybe have a look at the Pebble white high gloss side table, and perhaps introduce Marrs Green in your accessories instead!
Form Bar Stool
Injecting colour into your kitchen is probably the easiest way to update your home on a budget, but it doesn’t get much easier than our Form barstools. This is a great barstool for kitchen islands, especially as one of the key design elements is the contrasting stitch. Whether you choose teal on teal, or a subtle white faux leather and teal stitching, either is a great way to introduce Marrs Green into your home.
As you can see in our Marrs Green moodboard, black chrome works a treat to keep the Teal grounded with a more designer feel. The Form Barstools also come with a black chrome base, and are also available with and without a backrest.
Paint the Town Teal
In addition to the Marrs Green furniture, why not look a creating a feature wall in this striking teal shade? You can find similar shades such as Farrow and Ball’s Vardo and Little Greene’s Canton, however we think Dulux have the closest colour, with their Proud Peacock.
Team this colour with a beautiful printed wall paper (as seen in the aforementioned mood board) to nail 2017 colour trends. Or why not tone down with just the one accent wall, and let your new Danetti furniture do the talking! However, if you’re feeling adventurous, give an ombre wall a bash! You can find out how to do this right here.
Riva Stackable Dining Chair
Ok, so maybe the Teal Riva isn’t quite the same shade as Marrs Green. We still wanted to share with you this delightful little space saver, and how to incorporate into this colour trend.
These affordable stackable dining chairs come in 7 different colours. As a result, you can create your own colour combination and mix and match these dining chairs to suit whatever home style you love most.
Are you a Marrs Green convert?
What if bold colours aren’t you cup of tea, but you still want to introduce this world favourite colour into your home? No problem! Take inspiration from our mood board, and try these simple steps;
- Balance out the bright hue of Marrs Green with darker greys and bright whites. As a result, you’ll have a cool and sleek home with a designer edge.
- You don’t have to go bold. Introduce a subtle touch of Marrs Green within your soft furnishings, such as cushions, throws and rugs. While you’re not going mad for the world’s favourite colour in your home, you’ve clearly created a thought out and considered interior.
- Sometimes a bold print is enough. If, like us, you’re a fan of White Gloss, Grey Leather and clean lines, create a juxtaposition with a softer, yet bold print. Whether in wallpaper or just within you wall art, it’s a statement without being too dramatic.
Show us your home!
Now you know how to use Marrs Green in interiors, we’d love to see the results! Whether you’ve long since been a fan of teal, or are having a small home makeover, remember to use #mydanetti. Tag us in your pics on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter!
Step aside, Greenery. There’s a new favourite colour in town!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Console Table Décor: 5 Top Tips For Decorating Your Console TableWhen it comes to decorating your home, there is nothing like a console table to add personality to a space. Whether you’re starting with a blank canvas or revamping your tactfully curated corner, check out our top tips for styling a console table in your home.Read more
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more