Buying that new piece of furniture is a very exciting time. Browsing through Pinterest and creating boards of your dream home is a great way to narrow down your search and define your style. But with so many styles and finishes out there, how do you whittle it down to that final piece?
We are here to help. Two of our most popular furniture finishes here at Danetti are our high gloss and wood veneer furniture. So we’ve written a few quick, easy to digest pointers on high gloss furniture and wood veneer furniture, to help you decide which is right for your home.
High Gloss or Wood Veneer?
Before you go head first into making your new furniture purchase, make sure you know what your new product will be used for. Families will need a harder wearing item, whereas first-time buyers can afford to choose a more delicate, stylish look.
To make this easy, we’re going to be looking at out Assi Range. A collection on Extending Dining Tables and co-ordinating Sideboards available in White Gloss, White and Grey Gloss or Walnut Wood Veneer.
High Gloss Furniture
- Super modern and clean look
- Sits well in all interior styles
- Brightens up your home
- Simple clean with a damp cloth is all that’s needed
Need to Know
- Coasters and Placemats are recommended to protect the high gloss finish
- Leaving spillages may cause discolouration if not cleaned up quickly
- Small scratches can appear if not protected from day to day use
When to Choose High Gloss Furniture:
- If you have a Modern, bright and minimal home
- If you want to use colour but keep your large furniture simple
- If you’re a first-time buyer and still discovering your style
- If you have a smaller space, as the reflective nature will make the room appear larger
- If you want a clean look to your home
How to Style White Gloss Furniture
White High Gloss Dining furniture is a great option for any home. The ‘blank canvas’ of a white dining table means you can play around with an array of textures, colours and interior trends. However, for this post, we’ve created an inky blue look with lighter elements:
We’ve teamed white high gloss with a variety of blue shades, a trendy palm print wallpaper and pops of copper.
Inky tones are a huge interior design trend at the moment. However, when used sparingly with white gloss, you can create a stylish look without your home feeling too dark and moody. The copper highlight help brings a luxe touch, while the palm print adds personality.
Stylist Top Tip: Balance a high white gloss with dark grey dining chairs. This will create contrast and an interior designer touch
Get the Look:
High Gloss Cleaning Tips:
- Dust daily with a clean, microfibre cloth
- Mop up any spillages as soon as they happen to prevent staining
- For tougher marks, warm soapy water and a clean dishcloth is all that’s needed. Be sure to dry any water straight away with a clean, dry microfibre cloth.
Wood Veneer Furniture
- Hardwearing and low maintenance
- Brings texture and warmth to your interiors
- More affordable than real wood furniture
Need to Know:
- Avoid any harsh chemical cleaners
- Use coasters and placemats- this will prevent any unsightly mug rings.
- Wipe up any spills quickly, as water left sitting on the surface may cause damage.
When to Choose Wood Veneer Finish
- If you’re a busy family and don’t have time to care for real wood furniture
- If you want to add warmth to a more minimalist interior
- If you want to bring a hygge element to your home
- If you want to add texture to your interiors
- For a modern and trendy interior without spending a fortune on real wood furniture
How to Style Wood Veneer Furniture
The beauty of wood veneer furniture is that, without trying at all, you can bring colour and depth to any room. If you wanted to create a warming interior, we recommend keeping your base palette rich with walnut and dark greys. You can then play with pops of colour, such as an on-trend colour palette of green and terracotta.
Adding a pop of colour will instantly lift any interior. Wood Veneer furniture adds instant texture to a room, so you can afford to be experimental with softer finishes to create a well-balanced interior style.
Stylists Top Tip: Replace terracotta with copper accessories and use green glass and props rather than painted walls. These items are cheaper and easy to update with the changing seasons. Meaning your home will always be bang on trend- without breaking the bank!
Get the Look:
Made your mind up?
So, now we’ve given you a quick rundown of high gloss vs wood veneer, you should now have more of an idea of how you’d furnish your home.
That said, it’s not always a case of this or that. You can mix things up and style your home with both high gloss and wood veneer furniture! Our Assi Sideboard in White Gloss and Walnut is the perfect, versatile piece.
Pair it with any of our Assi Extending Dining Tables and you’ll have a seamlessly pulled together, coordinated look.
Still unsure? Let us know your questions in the comments below and we’ll be happy to help! If you have decided on white gloss or walnut veneer, don’t forget to share your pictures and tag us on Facebook and Instagram by using #mydanetti.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.