We all want to make the most of our space. Whether that’s creating sections in an open plan kitchen or maximising what little room there is available. This is where contemporary furniture comes into its own! Materials like glass and perspex create transparent pieces which create the illusion of space. In this post, we’ll give you a rundown of what glass tables are great for when it comes to styling your home.
Glass Dining Tables, Great For: Strength & Durability
We couldn’t write a post about glass dining tables without mentioning tempered glass. All of our glass products, from dining tables to sideboards and consoles, are made from tempered safety glass that’s been tested and certified to British Standards. This means the material is strong, safe and durable. All of our glass tables have been designed with style, practicality and safety in mind, so you really needn’t worry about the glass being precarious or fragile in any way.
Great For: Creating The Illusion Of Space
Being transparent, a glass table will give your room such a light and open feel, especially compared to a table of the same size but with a darker, opaque finish. For example, the Zen 6 Seater Glass and White Gloss Dining Table is a relatively large table but because of the slim glass top and gloss legs, the table has less of a visual impact and presence in the space.
If you don’t have the space or don’t need a larger table, opt for a round glass table. That way, you’ll have the space-saving qualities of a round table top with the added visual lightness from the glass. Styled with stackable chairs like the Riva, you can always add a couple more seats when needed and then stack and store the chairs when not in use.
Great For: Adding Some Colour
Glass dining tables are really versatile items. The lack of colour actually means that they can be introduced into a whole variety of different schemes. Glass is a good opportunity to introduce a splash of colour to your space through your choice of dining chairs.
Whether you choose leather, plastic or fabric chairs, the tactile material and colour of the seat can be seen from all angles. This makes a glass table perfect for showcasing your dining chairs.
Great For: Mixing and Matching
Having a glass table doesn’t always mean just a glass top. A table with glass legs means you can have the material or colour you’d like on the surface, but you get the space-saving a visual lightness from the glass legs. A table like the Aria has such a style impact and ‘wow factor’ thanks to the glass legs. It looks as though the top is floating in the air!
If you’d like some more tips on buying your dream dining table, be sure to take a look at our Ultimate Dining Table Buying Guide.
Show Us Your Style!
Already have a Danetti glass dining table in your home? Post a picture on social with the #mydanetti for your chance to be featured on our page.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more