Whether you have young kids, you’ve just moved out into your first place or you want to revamp the family home, different pieces of furniture will be more appropriate for your lifestyle. Various tables offer different functionalities. So it’s important to consider your needs and essentially, who’ll be using the table and what for. Here are our top 6 suggestions for buying a table that’s right for your lifestyle!
1. Living on your own
If you live on your own, that doesn’t mean you always eat and spend evenings by yourself! Tapas meals and drinks with friends mean you need the space for extra guests. However, you probably don’t have the space for a big table up all of the time.
The solution: The Naro Round White Gloss 4 Seater Table
A round pedestal table like the Naro means that you can always pull up a couple of extra chairs when you have guest over. This is because you’re not restricted by table legs or corners. Round tables are also great for use as centrepieces for snacks or side tables for drinks to suit your sociable lifestyle!
Top Tip: go for stackable chairs that you can store when not in use. They’re a great space saver.
The relatively small size and the light colouring means the Naro table doesn’t take up too much room or make your space look cluttered. If you choose the slightly smaller sized Naro Round Glass 2 Seater Table, you could push the table into a corner and used as a lamp table when you’re home alone to really make the most of your space.
2. The couple without kids
If it’s your first place together, you’ll probably want a dining table that’s big enough for everyone to come and visit. But because it’s just the two of you, you probably don’t want a large table taking up all of your space.
The solution: Profile 4 to 6 Seater Glass Dining Table.
Glass is great for creating the illusion of more space, especially good if you’re a little pushed for room. The great thing about the Zilo is that it’s a four to six-seater. This cleaver sizing combined with the glass top means the table doesn’t look overly big or take up too much room, but it can still seat up to six guests. Don’t just take our word for it, take a look at Nathan and Samatha’s feedback on the Profile table and how it’s benefited their home:
3. The young parents
If you’ve got young kids, you’ll want a dining table that can withstand those arts and crafts afternoons and messy mealtimes. You may also want to consider a dining table that’s suitable for use with a high chair, and that won’t get ruined when food and drink is spilt on it. The table should also look good in your home, which is young, bright and contemporary.
The solution: The Fern Grey Gloss 6 Seater dining table.
The Fern table is perfect for busy families. It’s simple, versatile and solid – plus it’s laminated so spills can just be wiped clean. Our Ida chairs are a great match with the Fern as they can also be easily wiped clean. They’re suitable for younger children thanks to the deep seat and higher back. They’re great for adding a splash of colour to your dining area too! To keep the Fern looking its best for longer, we do suggest using mats and coasters during mealtimes just for that added layer of protection.
5. The extended family
If you’ve got a large family, chances are some of the kids are still living at home and others have homes of their own, but regularly descend on your place expecting to be fed – often with their own children in tow. If this sounds like your current lifestyle, you’ll want a family-friendly table that has enough room for everyone.
The solution: Sanza White Gloss Extending Table
Not only does the Sanza table extend, but the pedestal base means you’re not restricted by table legs. This means you can be more flexible with your seating options, ideal when all of the family comes round to catch up. A corner bench and backless bench combo is an ideal match with the Sanza, again maximising the spaces available but keeping the look sleek and effortlessly modern.
6. The Retirement Years
Day to day dining it’s just the two of you. But ideally, you’d like something flexible and that can be extended when all of the family comes to visit. An easy extension is a must so you don’t have to worry about lifting heavy table pieces.
The solution: Aver Oak and White Extending Dining Table
The Aver Oak and White Extending dining table has such a smooth, quick and easy extension mechanism, so there’s no need to fiddle around with annoying extension pieces. The slightly rounded and chamfered top of the Aver means it looks just as good extended as it does when the extension is not in use, making it incredibly versatile. The extension piece is also stored in the table top so you don’t need to find additional storage.
Show Us Your Style!
So there you have it, our top dining table picks to suit your lifestyle. If you’d like to read more dining table tips, take a look at our Ultimate Dining Table Buying Guide.
Already have a Danetti table in your home? We’d love to see! Post a picture on social with the #mydanetti for your chance to be featured on our page.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more