Being on lockdown is tough, we’re all missing our family and friends, but spending more time at home has given us the opportunity to start sorting out those jobs we’ve been putting off. Now’s the time for a spring tidy-up, give your home a little spruce up and bring in some clever storage solutions to your space.
Here are our top tips and suggestions for nifty, space-saving, storage solutions.
In the living room
Storage can mean different thing to different people and their needs. If you have a smaller space storing furniture away is as important as tidying your stuff away. This is why we love nesting tables! They are perfect for small spaces where you can keep them together on a day-to-day basis, but when you have guests or need an extra side table, simply pull one out and ta-dah! The Pebble and Dice range of gloss nesting tables are space-saving and perfect for adding a splash of colour to your living room, while the Denver dark oak coffee table has a spacious drawer and floating shelf offering double the space to tidy away your things!
Consider a small sideboard as a TV stand. Sitting higher than a low TV unit means you utilise all that extra storage space! Take a look at the Elton Sideboard to add some storage and a touch of elegance to your living room.
In the hallway
Hallways and entrance spaces should feel welcoming, yet with high amounts of traffic a hallway needs to be clutter-free. Hallways can often end up being a neglected space, a dumping ground for bags, shoes, keys and post. If you have a narrow hallway, consider a slim console table, like the Acute Console Table to display your home ornaments and family photos, instantly creating a friendly feel as you walk in the door, and with a handy shelf you can also have extra storage space.
For even more storage the Denver console table has a long drawer to tidy away those things you don’t want on display all the time, as well as a floating shelf. To lighten up your hallway hang a large statement mirror or a collection of mismatched smaller mirrors to reflect light and give the illusion of an open space. For additional storage the Amalfi Ottoman Benches are a cosy perch to pop your shoes on, while also offering space to tidy away your hats, gloves, scarves etc.
In the kitchen-diner
No matter how much storage your kitchen has, you always need more, right? Sideboards are the ideal choice here. This versatile piece of furniture can be used to display your home accessories and family photos, to divide a space between kitchen and dining room, as well as somewhere to store your crockery, glasses and much more. Our sideboards come in large, generous sizes like the Eve white sideboard, and a more compact size like the Geo matt white and brass sideboard, perfect for popping in a little nook to really make the best use of a space.
The Fern Grey Gloss Console Table is great for displaying your cookbooks and crockery, or set up an ‘adult-only’ drinks station for those all-too-often date nights at home.
In the home office
What’s that old saying about a clean space, means a clear mind? Now, more than ever before, the home office has become one of the most-used rooms in the home, so it’s time to tidy away the mess and knuckle down on lockdown. Choose a desk with plenty of leg room (you’ll need to be comfortable in your WFH space), but also somewhere you can tidy away the paperwork or laptop when you’re done for the day. Our Trestle desks, available in a classic white or rich dark oak, are perfect, there’s a discreet drawer that runs the width of the desk to tuck away your things and loads of leg room too.
In the bedroom
Storage beds are the obvious choice for anyone a little strapped for space. Our Mellow beds have a whopping 27cm deep storage, we call this our “Super Storage” range and it’s perfect for storing away some of those bulkier items that you don’t want on show.
And for those smaller items? Opt for a bedside table with storage space, like the Benton bedside tables. If you’re after a dressing table but don’t have the space, consider a slimline console table, chose a style with an extra shelf like the Acute, where you can pop your hairdryer, straighteners and make-up, simply hang a large statement mirror above and away you go.
We hope we’ve inspired you with some ideas, do let us know how your coping on lockdown and your home storage shots using the hashtag #mydanetti.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more