Being on lockdown is tough, we’re all missing our family and friends, but spending more time at home has given us the opportunity to start sorting out those jobs we’ve been putting off. Now’s the time for a spring tidy-up, give your home a little spruce up and bring in some clever storage solutions to your space.
Here are our top tips and suggestions for nifty, space-saving, storage solutions.
In the living room
Storage can mean different thing to different people and their needs. If you have a smaller space storing furniture away is as important as tidying your stuff away. This is why we love nesting tables! They are perfect for small spaces where you can keep them together on a day-to-day basis, but when you have guests or need an extra side table, simply pull one out and ta-dah! The Pebble and Dice range of gloss nesting tables are space-saving and perfect for adding a splash of colour to your living room, while the Denver dark oak coffee table has a spacious drawer and floating shelf offering double the space to tidy away your things!
Consider a small sideboard as a TV stand. Sitting higher than a low TV unit means you utilise all that extra storage space! Take a look at the Elton Sideboard to add some storage and a touch of elegance to your living room.
In the hallway
Hallways and entrance spaces should feel welcoming, yet with high amounts of traffic a hallway needs to be clutter-free. Hallways can often end up being a neglected space, a dumping ground for bags, shoes, keys and post. If you have a narrow hallway, consider a slim console table, like the Acute Console Table to display your home ornaments and family photos, instantly creating a friendly feel as you walk in the door, and with a handy shelf you can also have extra storage space.
For even more storage the Denver console table has a long drawer to tidy away those things you don’t want on display all the time, as well as a floating shelf. To lighten up your hallway hang a large statement mirror or a collection of mismatched smaller mirrors to reflect light and give the illusion of an open space. For additional storage the Amalfi Ottoman Benches are a cosy perch to pop your shoes on, while also offering space to tidy away your hats, gloves, scarves etc.
In the kitchen-diner
No matter how much storage your kitchen has, you always need more, right? Sideboards are the ideal choice here. This versatile piece of furniture can be used to display your home accessories and family photos, to divide a space between kitchen and dining room, as well as somewhere to store your crockery, glasses and much more. Our sideboards come in large, generous sizes like the Eve white sideboard, and a more compact size like the Geo matt white and brass sideboard, perfect for popping in a little nook to really make the best use of a space.
The Fern Grey Gloss Console Table is great for displaying your cookbooks and crockery, or set up an ‘adult-only’ drinks station for those all-too-often date nights at home.
In the home office
What’s that old saying about a clean space, means a clear mind? Now, more than ever before, the home office has become one of the most-used rooms in the home, so it’s time to tidy away the mess and knuckle down on lockdown. Choose a desk with plenty of leg room (you’ll need to be comfortable in your WFH space), but also somewhere you can tidy away the paperwork or laptop when you’re done for the day. Our Trestle desks, available in a classic white or rich dark oak, are perfect, there’s a discreet drawer that runs the width of the desk to tuck away your things and loads of leg room too.
In the bedroom
Storage beds are the obvious choice for anyone a little strapped for space. Our Mellow beds have a whopping 27cm deep storage, we call this our “Super Storage” range and it’s perfect for storing away some of those bulkier items that you don’t want on show.
And for those smaller items? Opt for a bedside table with storage space, like the Benton bedside tables. If you’re after a dressing table but don’t have the space, consider a slimline console table, chose a style with an extra shelf like the Acute, where you can pop your hairdryer, straighteners and make-up, simply hang a large statement mirror above and away you go.
We hope we’ve inspired you with some ideas, do let us know how your coping on lockdown and your home storage shots using the hashtag #mydanetti.
Published Date: June 2020
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more