Comforting neutral colours, warming and luxurious natural finishes and a space that embodies the feeling of togetherness; Hygge is the perfect trend for creating an inviting and cosy décor in your home. If you want to curate this look and feel in your interior, look no further than this mini guide, complete with furniture recommendations and top tips from Danetti Stylist, Emily.
What is ‘Hygge’ style?
Danetti Stylist, Emily explains: “This is quite a Scandi-driven trend and it’s the idea of everything feeling homely, and creating a relaxed environment that feels really welcoming, wherever you are in your home. Anything you can do so that the mood feels relaxing.”
What colours work with Hygge?
Stick to grounding hues that will help to create a sense of calm and relaxation; this means shades of light grey, champagne, brown and creams. These colours contribute to that feeling of ‘harmony’ and will help you to curate a space that’s all about connecting in comfort.
Can you use Hygge in your garden?
You don’t have to stick to this interior trend indoors. Danetti Stylist, Emily explains: “It’s something you could even do in your garden just by bringing in cushions, rugs, candles, and lanterns – even little fairy lights. Anything that adds to that feeling of calm and comfort.”
Gathering around a firepit is in-keeping of that hygge vibe too, and our Romero Firepit Table is perfect for getting cosy as the sun sets on those cooler summer. This centre piece is also practical as it has plenty of space for drinks and nibbles when not in use. We’ve also expanded this five-star rated range to include a fire pit dining table which makes it easy to switch from afternoon drinks to summer evening socialising.
Top 5: Hygge Furniture Inspiration
With its sleek brass frame, sumptuous velvet upholstery and subtle linear stitch detailing, the Keira Dining Chair is premium in all its features but will still bring a softness to your dining space thanks to its soothing champagne finish.
This white sideboard is perfect for bringing a soft, yet rich look and feel to your living space, or the entrance of your home. Don't be put off by marble if you want to create a homely vibe. By teaming it with bold brass and soft neutrals, the marble adds a natural and organic element, tying together a room and adding depth and texture to your space. The Manhattan is available as both a large and compact sideboard to suit your room and needs.
If you're looking for a chic and timeless storage bed, the Monica is the perfect centrepiece for your bedroom with its sleek silhouette, sumptuously soft fabric finish and generous easy access storage space. Practical and stylish, this bed will add classic charm to your sleep sanctuary. When building on this Hygge aesthetic, a neutral champagne or soothing light grey is the perfect base colour palette for your bedroom as it creates a warm and relaxing vibe. Danetti Stylist, Emily, adds: “Using this style would also make your bedroom feely light and airy, and sanctuary-like.”
Maximise your space with our modern Acute Console Table, combining reflective chrome and frosted glass shelving. Perfect for displaying your favourite accessories or adding an effortless style update to your space. To create a warmer look, add additional textures to the surface of your white console table such as natural wood elements and candles.
Want a contemporary dining table that will stand the test of time with wear and tear and keep your dining space looking stylish through the trends? Our Carter Pedestal Table is perfect for creating an inviting and powerful statement in your space thanks to its easy-to-style finish, signature pedestal base and marble effect top, which is both scratchproof and heatproof, adding to its longevity.
No matter the piece, our collection is sure to add style to your indoor or outdoor space. Explore some of our favourite new finishes and discover why you'll love them for your home by visiting our new collection page.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Dining and Home Office Trends: The Close Up On Our New CollectionFrom glass and brass to velvet and leather, we’ve got a range of new and exciting pieces coming through in our new collection: ‘Timeless Textures’. Our Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna, shares her exclusive products teasers.Read more
- Summer Home Styling Tips: 5x Ways To Transform Your Home This SeasonFrom adding personality to your garden, to turning your bedroom into an airy sleep sanctuary, discover how you can curate a home look that’ll see you through the season but keep you cool and comfortable this summer.Read more
- What is Escapism in Interior Design? All You Need To KnowBoost your mood as soon as you return home with the interior design trend, Escapism. More than ever before, people are wanting to create a space where they can embody that ‘staycation’ feeling of bringing the outside in and creating an extension of their interior in their garden.Read more
- Multifunctional Spaces: Here’s What You Need To Know About Multifunctional Interior DesignEffortlessly stylish and modern furniture that’s easy to adapt with your needs and your space; this season has seen a shift in interior design with the need for multipurpose pieces that can transform with you and your home.Read more
- Our Product Design Process: The Danetti DifferenceWhen we design a product at Danetti, we always consider how the item will make customers feel once they bring it into their home. We sat down with one of our Designers, Francesca to get a whistle-stop tour on what goes into the creative process for Danetti furniture.Read more