With summer well on its way, we’re looking forward to those long, balmy summer evenings spent outside. However, once you’ve filled up on a tasty BBQ, you may be inclined to move inside to relax.
In this blog post we’re going to show you just how to bring the comfort and style of your interior, to your exterior. Allowing you maximum time spent enjoying your garden and really making the most of every second of summer.
What’s the one thing at the top of you list when it comes to any new furniture? Comfort. You wouldn’t buy a sofa just because it looks good- you buy it to be comfortable and to have a place to relax at the end of a long day. The same goes for your garden furniture.
We tend to opt for garden furniture that is low cost, plastic and easy to clean, however with new finishes and materials always being developed, you can say goodbye to your uncomfortable plastics, and hello to sofa style garden comfort.
The Willow Range is perfect if you’re looking for all the comfort of your sofa, but outside so you can enjoy the weather. The cushions are constructed in exactly the same way as your sofa cushions are, so you know you’re in for a super sumptuous seat.
The foam and fibre construction used on the seat of the Willow Bench make it really comfortable while also retaining the cushion shape, meaning no sagging and allowing the cushions to bounce back when vacated. The back cushions on the bench are stuffed with fibres, rather than foam, this makes them lovely and soft creating the ideal spot to spend your summer relaxing in.
The cushions on our Palermo, Savannah and Bali Garden sofas are all constructed in the same way offering complete comfort.
As you know there are so many different interior styles to suit your personality. The same goes for your garden furniture. Whether you prefer a sleek, contemporary look, or a modern scandi vibe, you’re sure to find the perfect match for your home.
We’ve selected a few different looks to help you seamlessly coordinate your exterior to your interior.
If you have the Aver and Finn Dining Set, think about coordinating it with the Palermo Corner Bench in Ocean.
The subtle pop of colour will show your fun side and suits family homes perfectly.
If you love the sleek feeling of the Loop and Sanza Dining Set, then the Savannah Modular Unit is the one for you.
Both the Loop and Sanza benches have simple U-shaped legs to create a minimal and stylish look. The neutral colour palette gives you the freedom to accessories your outdoor space to match your interior, be it with colour, texture or accessories.
If you’ve got a slightly smaller home, chances are your garden isn’t going to be massive either. If that is the case, co-ordinate your compact Terni dining table with the Koko Garden table.
Whats more, we have a range of super comfortable garden dining chairs in a colourful summer colour palette to help you pick the right style, shape and colour to suit your space.
For added comfort and maximum style points, choose a chair like the Alma. With its considered silhouette and wrap around arms, you can add both style and comfort to your space.
For a more classic contemporary look, opt for the Edie or the Lola stackable garden chairs. Again, these are available in a variety of colours from the super on-trend mustard, to a fresh aqua to create the look you desire.
That’s not to say that garden chairs should only be used for small gardens! Think about pairing your garden bench with colourful chairs to really complete your garden style.
To really bring the feel of the inside out, accessories your garden space the same way you would your interior.
Add cushions and throws to garden sofas. This not only adds an extra layer softness and comfort, but also gives you and your guests a handy cover if the temperature should dip after dark. What’s more, this subtle styling touch will create a super cosy setting you’ll never want to leave.
We all love a house plant, and there’s no better spot to bring in the greenery than to your garden. Choose palms and exotic plants to bring that Ibizan vibe, or opt for pots of pretty flowers to soften your space and add an extra splash of colour.
Lighting is so important for getting that cosy atmosphere indoors, so use that knowledge to subtly light your garden too. Lanterns and candles work great dotted about the floor, while festoon lighting or string lights will bring a subtle twinkle to mirror the nights sky.
By thinking about comfort, style and accessories, just as you would when decorating your interiors, you can create a beautiful, inviting and cosy outdoor space. Our British summers are always that bit too short, so by bringing your interior style outside, you’ll be outside enjoying the summer until it’s gone.
Show us your garden style by tagging us on facebook and instagram by using #mydanetti. Take a look at the complete garden range here, and let us know what you would choose to match your interiors.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more