By being savvy with your choice of colour, lighting and textures, you can break-through the winter blues and lift the mood by giving your home some much-needed warmth.
Get Creative With Colour
A good place to start is with your colour scheme. Summery shades like orange, yellow and red are warmer hues that will create a bright, sunny atmosphere. You can introduce this by being bold and adding them to a feature wall, or in a more subtle way through your choice of dining chairs and accessories.
With these brighter shades, you can always mellow out the look by having a mix of bolder colours alongside cooler hues. This will keep the look summery yet not too overpowering.
Consider Your Lighting
When it comes to lighting your home, you’ll want to have a considered balance of natural and artificial light. Table and floor lamps will create low lighting with a cosier mood, while pendants will keep the whole room well lit. To choose where to put your lighting, look at where the light naturally falls in the day and work out where extra lighting is needed at night.
Top Tip: Some bulbs have a softer, warm-weather glow, while others are stronger and brighter. Check the lumens and the type of bulb so it matches what you want to use the light for! You can find out more in our Lighting Buying Guide.
As the evening starts draws in, create an even cosier mood with a mix of scented candles:
Plan Your Plants
One way to bring a piece of the outdoors indoors is to do exactly that! Potted plants and vibrant flowers are an easy and instant way to lift the mood and brighten any space.
Get The Natural Look With Wood
Earthy tones like greens, grey and beige alongside wooden fishes offer a more rustic feel. This will give your space an outdoorsy vibe without the need for bold statement shades.
Create warm-weather with textures
Get creative and mix your materials. Adding a throw to your real leather
Show Us Your Style!
Have we inspired you to create some warm-weather looks in your home? or do you already have some stylish Danetti pieces in your home? Why not share a picture on social with the #mydanetti for your chance to be featured on our page.
You can view all of the products shown here (and more) over on our website.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more