Moving house is expensive, time consuming and, let’s be honest, incredibly stressful. So if you’re happy with your house but what to make it more of a home, don’t move but improve! When planned and styled right, you’ll be able to transform your exsiting home far easier than you make think…
1. Keep It Cost Effective
One of the main benefits of improving your home rather than moving is that it is far cheaper. So utilise this by making the most of what’s already available. Take note of what you like in your existing space and consider how you could make it even better, for example:
- High ceilings? Decorate them with statement pendant lighting.
- An awkward corner? Consider swapping your table for a corner bench or round dining set so your can better use the space.
- Updating your bedroom? Consider a bed with storage space so you don’t need as many drawers and cabinets.
You could even spend a bit of money doing that extension you’ve always dreamed of, or fitting a new kitchen. By spending a bit of time and money making your home work for you, you need’t think about moving where you can create your dream home exactly where you are… Plus an extension or new kitchen is still must more cost effective than moving house!
2. Use Lighting & Mirrors To Add Space
Getting your lighting right can have a massive effect on your interior. Depending on your what room your renovating and its size, you’ll want to consider your task, ambient and statement lighting to ensure your space is well lit. You can read more on our lighting buying and styling tips here. Mirrors are also a great style feature that will also help to open up the look and improve the
3. Maximise Your Room
Have lots to seat? Invest in an extending table with stackable chairs. Regularly work from home? Use a streamlined desk to turn an awkward spot into your new work station.
Planning like this is key when it comes to making your interior suit your needs. In many cases you’ll find just by moving your
4. Prioritise The Essentials
Although cheaper than moving home, renovating or even just updating your space will come at a cost. So be smarter with your styling to make the most of your budget. Start with your essentials, like a new dining set or sofa, and then style your accent pieces around this. If you’re happy with your staple pieces but feel your space just needs freshening up, focus in on your accessories to update the look.
5. Add Colour C
A fresh lick of paint is a simple and really effective way to improve any interior. But why not go further than a feature wall to brighten up your space. Introduce colour creatively through smaller items such as dining chairs, rugs or throws. Consider new material in your space such as velvet, brass or gloss to give your space both a new look and feel.
Home Improved… Now Get Styling!
Have we inspired you to give your interior a new lease of life? If so, head over to our website where you’ll find a whole variety of stylish furniture pieces.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more