1. Keep It Cost Effective
One of the main benefits of improving your home rather than moving is that it is far cheaper. So utilise this by making the most of what’s already available. Take note of what you like in your existing space and consider how you could make it even better, for example:
- High ceilings? Decorate them with statement pendant lighting.
- An awkward corner? Consider swapping your table for a corner bench or round dining set so your can better use the space.
- Updating your bedroom? Consider a bed with storage space so you don’t need as many drawers and cabinets.
You could even spend a bit of money doing that extension you’ve always dreamed of, or fitting a new kitchen. By spending a bit of time and money making your home work for you, you need’t think about moving where you can create your dream home exactly where you are… Plus an extension or new kitchen is still must more cost effective than moving house!
2. Use Lighting & Mirrors To Add Space
Getting your lighting right can have a massive effect on your interior. Depending on your what room your renovating and its size, you’ll want to consider your task, ambient and statement lighting to ensure your space is well lit. You can read more on our lighting buying and styling tips here. Mirrors are also a great style feature that will also help to open up the look and improve the
3. Maximise Your Room
Have lots to seat? Invest in an extending table with stackable chairs. Regularly work from home? Use a streamlined desk to turn an awkward spot into your new work station.
Planning like this is key when it comes to making your interior suit your needs. In many cases you’ll find just by moving your
4. Prioritise The Essentials
Although cheaper than moving home, renovating or even just updating your space will come at a cost. So be smarter with your styling to make the most of your budget. Start with your essentials, like a new dining set or sofa, and then style your accent pieces around this. If you’re happy with your staple pieces but feel your space just needs freshening up, focus in on your accessories to update the look.
5. Add Colour C
A fresh lick of paint is a simple and really effective way to improve any interior. But why not go further than a feature wall to brighten up your space. Introduce colour creatively through smaller items such as dining chairs, rugs or throws. Consider new material in your space such as velvet, brass or gloss to give your space both a new look and feel.
Home Improved… Now Get Styling!
Have we inspired you to give your interior a new lease of life? If so, head over to our website where you’ll find a whole variety of stylish furniture pieces.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- 4 Things You Need To Know About Interior Trends This SeasonSoft weaves, sweeping curves and rich textured grains are all the trend this season when it comes to interiors. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Damien to discover more about this season’s need-to-know tips.Read more
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more
- Relaxing Interior Design: 3 Ways To Create a Relaxing Space at HomeSoft and neutral palettes, soothing fabrics and textures, and subtle signature detailing; it’s the perfect interior recipe for creating a home that feels like a sanctuary. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Francesca, to discover how you can easily create an aesthetic that feels comfortable, warm, and cosy.Read more
- Armchairs and Accents Chairs: How To Style Your Occasional ChairCreate your own reading corner, bring a cosy feeling to your living space, or add character to your bedroom with our collection of accent chairs and occasional chairs.Read more