Whether it’s just you and the kids for dinner every night, or whether you like to entertain in your home, there’s no doubt that one of the main purposes of eating together is to have a good chat. And one of the best ways to do this is around a round dining table!
Round Tables: Social Seating
If you want to encourage conversation at home, then a circular dining table is the best choice. Guests can easily see and talk to those next to them as well as those across the other side. It’s a much more relaxed setting – when did you ever go to a job interview and sit at a round table?!
Round dining tables can look really attractive too. Since most rooms are square or rectangular, a circular table can help to soften the lines in the space and make it more interesting.
Circualr tables are so easy to decorate – place mats layered up with different sizes of plates can look very effective, as can small arrangements of flowers or candles in the centre of the table, although you have to make sure that you’re not blocking people’s view of the other diners! Glass tables are visually very light, so opt for this material if you want to create an open and spacious look.
Most of our circular dining tables are ideal for four people – if you want a table that you can fit more people on, then you might like to consider getting a table with a central support, rather than legs so that people can position themselves anywhere around the table.
In terms of space, we’d advise leaving a metre all the way around your table to allow for chairs and space for people to walk around the table. Round tables are really versatile as you can always pull up a couple of extra seats, even if seating does become snug.
If you’d like the option to add spaces as an when needed, opt for an extending dining table. That way, you have a smaller table day to day with the option to increase the table size when you have more people to seat.
If you want to read more, you’re in luck. Take a look at our Ultimate Dining Table Buying Guide and you’ll be one step closer to having your dream dining table in your home.
Show Us Your Style!
Already have a Danetti Dining Table in your home? Post a picture on social along with the #mydanetti for your chance to be featured on our page!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more