Whether it’s just you and the kids for dinner every night, or whether you like to entertain in your home, there’s no doubt that one of the main purposes of eating together is to have a good chat. And one of the best ways to do this is around a round dining table!
Round Tables: Social Seating
If you want to encourage conversation at home, then a circular dining table is the best choice. Guests can easily see and talk to those next to them as well as those across the other side. It’s a much more relaxed setting – when did you ever go to a job interview and sit at a round table?!
Round dining tables can look really attractive too. Since most rooms are square or rectangular, a circular table can help to soften the lines in the space and make it more interesting.
Circualr tables are so easy to decorate – place mats layered up with different sizes of plates can look very effective, as can small arrangements of flowers or candles in the centre of the table, although you have to make sure that you’re not blocking people’s view of the other diners! Glass tables are visually very light, so opt for this material if you want to create an open and spacious look.
Most of our circular dining tables are ideal for four people – if you want a table that you can fit more people on, then you might like to consider getting a table with a central support, rather than legs so that people can position themselves anywhere around the table.
In terms of space, we’d advise leaving a metre all the way around your table to allow for chairs and space for people to walk around the table. Round tables are really versatile as you can always pull up a couple of extra seats, even if seating does become snug.
If you’d like the option to add spaces as an when needed, opt for an extending dining table. That way, you have a smaller table day to day with the option to increase the table size when you have more people to seat.
If you want to read more, you’re in luck. Take a look at our Ultimate Dining Table Buying Guide and you’ll be one step closer to having your dream dining table in your home.
Show Us Your Style!
Already have a Danetti Dining Table in your home? Post a picture on social along with the #mydanetti for your chance to be featured on our page!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more