Furniture That Grows With Your Family
Extending Dining SetsAn extending table may be the most obvious piece to feature in this post, as it does quite literally grow to seat more people. But an extending table actually has more benefits than you may first think…
The great thing about an extending dining set is that you don’t need a larger table up all of the time. With an easy to use and discrete extension, you can pull the table apart in seconds to add an additional place settings around the table. An extending table would be a smart choice if you’re just starting a family or if your home is regularly the hub of social events and gatherings.
Top Tip: extending tables aren’t just handy for more place settings. The extra surface space makes them ideal buffet style tables, so you can serve up even more tasty treats!
If you’re after a table that will stand the test of time, the ceramic top of our Louis tables is about to become your new best friend. Scratch resistant, heat resistant up to 100° and easy to clean, this table will provide a place for you to eat, kids to do their homework and a place to chat when friends come around for dinner.
Stackable ChairsIt’s no secret that stackable dining chairs are great space savers. And they’re great for growing families too. You can stack a store your seats when not in use, then easily put them out again during Christmas dinners and those big family get-togethers.
If you’re going to use your chairs regularly you’ll want a material that’s durable and easy to clean. The Fern chair, for example, is made from Plywood Laminate which just needs a damp cloth to be wiped clean. Faux leather and leather chairs are both durable materials, you’ll just want t give them a quick, regular clean to keep them looking their best.
Corner BenchesWe can’t say it enough- dining benches are incredibly versatile. Compared to dining chairs, you’re less restricted by how many you can seat as you can space seating out or try and squeeze in a couple more. Having a corner bench means you have a uniform look no matter how many you need to seat.
With a corner bench, you then have the option to add a backless bench or additional dining chairs around your table, so there will definitely be room for all!
Side TablesSide tables may seem like a simple piece of living room furniture, but if you’re smart with your choices they can really maximise your space. Stackable and multipurpose tables mean that when family come round to visit, you have a handy extra surface or even an extra seat.
A more generously sized sofa, such as the Ellis 2 to 3 seater means you can always squeeze in a couple more without the need for an extra occasional chair or seat. The deep seat and high sides of the Ellis sofa creates an enveloping and comfortable setting, making this style of sofa ideal for curling up with your feet up.
Alternatively, if you have the space for a corner sofa, the footrest can become an extra spot to sit.
So there you have it, some simple but really effective ways to make your home a stylish hub for all the family. Want to read more? Why not take a look at our Living Room and Dining Table ultimate buying guides.
Published Date: July 2018
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more
- 4 Things You Must Know About Leathers SofasOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick leather sofa of your dreams.Read more
- 5 Things You Must Know About Fabric SofasAre you wondering what the benefits of a fabric sofa are? Our expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to pick the fabric sofa of your dreams.Read more
- How To Clean A Velvet Sofa: Our Upholstery Care TipsA common misconception about velvet is that it’s a high-maintenance material. Well, let us bust that myth with this handy care and cleaning guide! When treated with the proper care and maintenance, you’ll find your velvet furniture is built to last.Read more
- World Cup Home Bar IdeasIt’s Coming Home – in every sense of the word! Make your World Cup experience even better with your own home bar set up. With a fully stocked drinks cupboard, who would want to leave the house?Read more