If you want to say goodbye to all that is 2020 (we’re all thinking it…) and start the new year with a fresh outlook, what better way to do it than reinjecting some flair or introducing a new style to your home? It’s where we’ve spent most of our time this last year, and it deserves a little TLC for 2021. If you want to refresh and refurb, then this piece will help you do just that as we give you a little insight into what’s in store for interior trends this new year – with some help from our experts, of course.
Focus on Colour
Colour trends and what these colours mean for us and our home have been greatly affected by the current climate. The focus for upcoming interior trends will be all about palettes that enhance a certain mood and the colour predictions for 2021 are focused on evoking certain senses. Colour can make or break a space and choosing one that is appropriate for a particular room or space is an important aspect of interior design. The colour predictions for 2021 home trends include:
- Palettes consisting of green shades, elements of cooler blues and warm neutrals to help create a sense of calm which is especially relevant. It’s all about turning your home into your sanctuary and creating a relaxing space to be in.
- Collection of warm neutrals – Experts at Dulux describe these colours as grounding as they evoke a sense of calm when used in a room and provide a connection back to nature with the warm earthy tones. Our Danetti Expert, Furniture Designer Francesca Birch says: “These colours provide a feeling of stability, growth and potential.”
- The popular trend of oranges and brighter reds has really evolved and will be used in 2021 to bring expression and invigoration to spaces. These shades provide a pop of colour in the home and bring an energised feeling to the room and can be easily added in as an accent chair.
- Blue and teal tones have had continued success in recent years. They are bold and bright and create positivity and energy within a space. The darker colours bring depth to a room when used as a backdrop and are interesting for key pieces of furniture. This palette works especially well in velvets and when paired with metallic accents.
- The timeless classic that is yellow – associated as a continuingly caring colour which works well across categories in bedroom, living and dining and a range of interiors such as scandi or maximalist. It really presents the feel-good factor and that’s why it has been included as one of the Pantone Colour Of The Year 2021 picks.
The Danetti Look – Our Recommended Colour Picks From The Expert:
Danetti Furniture Designer, Francesca Birch says: “To create the right look for your home, you have to think about what feeling you want to evoke when stepping into the room. Do you want it to be a relaxing and calming space? A space for reflection and grounding? Or maybe a truly elegant space that makes you feel like you just stepped into a 5* super glamorous hotel that drips with luxury!”
- We recommend the Maya King Size Bed - an affordable price tag and a refreshing colour, the Maya is the perfect pick for updating any bedroom - plus, buy any of our beds and mattresses together and receive £100 off your order total.
Francesca adds: “For a space that evokes feelings of reflection and grounding you would choose warm earthy tones, keeping a mostly minimal room aesthetic but adding in some elements which remind yourself of the connection to nature. This could be things like natural materials like wood and marble and patterns that replicate flora and fauna.”
- We recommend our Denver or Toronto collection for a ‘nod to nature’ living room update. Both have rich, dark detailing and wood grain effect to add texture and definition to the surface. Plus, it adds to that cosy and homely vibe.
- For a luxe dining room refresh, we recommend our Clover Dining Chairs or Dining Benches. Available in a rich fern green and deep sapphire blue velvet with brass capped feet, these accent pieces are timeless classics with all the right modern features.
For example, if you want to bring a bit of energy to your home, perhaps you’ll lean towards the ‘staycation renovation’ vibe: if staying home is the new going out, then add those ‘wouldn’t-normally-buy’ pieces to your home.
Staying in never looked better with our Berkley Drinks Cabinet: a real home luxury piece that will bring a bit of fun and sophistication to your space and will look great when we can finally have people round for parties again - what better way to host a get-together than with your own fully stocked mini bar? The glass top to the cabinet makes the Berkley an ideal spot for both storing and serving up your drinks as you can use the space for preparing drinks for your guests. We'll have ours shaken, not stirred...
- When it comes to achieving that ‘New Year, New Look’ at home, remember to think about the look you’re trying to achieve and the vibe you want to create in each space.
- Think about how you want to feel and how different colours and textures can impact that – take inspiration from interior trends and think about the connotations of the pieces you use.
- Ultimately, by investing in your home, you really are investing in yourself. As American interior designer, John Saladino said: “A house is much more than a mere shelter - it should lift us emotionally and spiritually.”
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more
- How To Pick The Perfect Mattress
If there is one product you should love and invest in, it is your mattress. Did you know research shows that an uncomfortable mattress can rob you of up to an hour’s vital, restful sleep? Not what you need… it is time to relax and retreat to a comfortable bed after a long day. If […]
- Give your bedroom a new look for lessWhen it comes to enhancing rooms in your home, the bedroom can always seem like an afterthought. Perhaps because it is not the first room that is stepped into when you have guests over, but it is equally as important to invest in because it is the place you go to when you need to […]Read more