The change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.
Texture is the thing that makes a room pop and there is nothing like a luxe-velvet in a deep tone to really add to the seasonal factor. This time of the year calls for rich, saturated colours such as dark green, jewel tones like teal, reds, or oranges. As well as colour, choosing fabrics like velvet, cashmere or faux fur will echo the winter vibes and help to channel warmth in a room.
Bold Brass and Comfortable Velvet
Take our Clover and Valencia Dining Set: the deep fern green of the dining chairs is a seasonal colour, and combined with the brass capped legs and cut out back, this gives the chair a vintage charm with a modern twist that would really stand out at a Christmas gathering. The chairs are a perfect pairing with the Valencia round glass table as it has walnut veneer legs with brass inset detailing. Brass is such an on-trend material with a nod to all that is classic glam-Deco, and this is a great match with the clear glass table top as you can see the detailing from all angles, adding to the luxe feel of this dining set.
Autumn and winter are all about warmth and feeling cosy, and nothing says comfort like plush velvet. If you do not want to go overboard with the jewel tones and would prefer a more subtle – yet still glam – styling vibe, stick with similar tones for a consistent and measured feel. A perfect example of something more neutral that will still leave you feeling snug is our Form Dark Grey Velvet And Brass Cantilever Dining Armchair - this shade alongside the padded cushioning of both the seat and backrest will have you wanting to chill at the table with a glass of wine on those cold evenings.
With the sun disappearing, it is the time of year where you want to surround yourself with as much light as possible, and the type of velvet used for the Form chair naturally reflects light without too much of a sheen, showcasing a lovely smooth look and texture. The legs and feet also have a shiny, brass finish which also gently reflects light around the room and adds another textural point of interest.
Natural Scandi – Traditional V Modern
If log-fires and wood cabins are more of your dream Autumn/Winter setting, you can bring the Scandi feel to your home with our Finn Taupe Grey Bar Stool. Adding these to your kitchen island will add extra space for seasonal socialising, plus the curved shape of the seat gives a softer feel to the bar stools overall appearance, which helps to accentuate the warm and welcoming look that the solid beech legs creates. This textured look and Taupe tone will allow that wintery feel to seep right into your kitchen.
If you are looking for something less traditional, and a long-lasting styling trick that will see you through to the summer, dark detailing can instantly add impact to your room. Monochrome is the way forward for ultra-modern seasonal decorating and the Hudson Light Grey Leather Bar Stool is a chicer way of introducing wood and other textures into your kitchen.
The Hudson is a chunky wooden bar stool made with rubber wood, which is a sustainable timber. The legs of the bar stool have a matt black finish which gives a lovely contrast to the light grey leather seat and creates a slightly industrial feel, yet with a sophisticated and modern look. The dark accents of the chair legs will create a textural point of interest in the room, but the light grey real leather is a neutral so you will have no trouble styling it in your existing space.
Natural looking materials and pigments are at the heart of the Autumn and Winter trend, and the more neutral tones of marble can be complimented by all kinds of other hues and textures, making it a versatile tool for your seasonal styling this year. No piece of marble is the same as the next due to it being a natural material, which means it comes in a whole range of colours with all kinds of markings and veinings, and this adds another textural dimension.
A great new dining set recommendation for this Autumn-Winter is the Romeo Marble Table With Form Blush Pink Velvet Chairs. It is the time of year for all that glitters, and the brass accents on the chair legs and table are bold and bright against the cool marble tones, with a subtle nod to the glitz and glam of art deco styling in a modern, accessible way. The cool shimmer of this blush pink chairs is also wintery and elegant and the tone pairs perfectly with the marble veinings in the table.
The Top Texture Picks:
Here is a final round up of our recommendations for the best textures to add to your home this Autumn/Winter that are guaranteed to have you feeling seasonal and snug:
- Brass and jewel tones
- Plush velvet in deep or neutral colours
- Wood – both traditional and modern styling
Shop The Look
Get your hands on our featured products
- Set of 2
Form Dark Grey Velvet And Brass Cantilever Dining Armchair - Set Of 2
Regular price £398.00Rated 4.9 out of 5
- Sold Out
- Sold Out
Valencia Clear Glass And Walnut With Clover Fern Green Velvet 4 Seater Set
Sold OutRated 5.0 out of 5
Hudson Light Grey Leather Bar Stool
Regular price £179.00Rated 5.0 out of 5
- Set of 2
Finn Taupe Grey Bar Stool
Regular price £198.00Rated 4.9 out of 5
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more