Have you ever wondered where talented people get their inspirations from? What sets them slightly apart is often, drive, ambition, compassion, flair, style or a magical blend of qualities that combine to make these people successful and original. We started wondering…. who influences them? Who do they aspire to? What spurs them on? So, after a little digging and a few emails later, we found out so that we could share it here with you!
‘My fashion inspiration for the past fifty years has been taken from my lovely friend Barbara Hulanicki, the founder of the iconic London store Biba who was my first ever employer when I was seventeen years old when I worked at Biba – now we are busy designing a collection of shoes together for French Sole. Another inspiring woman is Ines de la Fresange – who never ceases to amaze me with her clever and innovative fashion style and lastly I adore Rachel Zoe the stylist , who I have met several times in Los Angeles . Rachel’s style is a brilliant mix of vintage, retro ethnic, boho and Chanel – all heavily over accessorised but with such originality and style that I am always in awe’. Founder and Designer, Jane Winkworth, French Sole.
I love browsing online and my big favourites are Restoration Hardware and Houzz, plus pinterest & Tumblr – I love Alex Macarthur (a unique and inspiring Brighton based designer I met at Decorex a few years ago), magazines, especially Living Etc…..I also just love old buildings with original old big scale features, flea markets, and movie sets. Amanda Erritt, Interior Designer Iddesign
Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, Global Creative Director, TONI&GUY.
'I find that I am most inspired when I travel. There is something about being in an environment that is out of my every day routine that gets my creative energy going. Whether it’s an amazing door, a unique colour combination, or just an incredible meal, I think there is always something to spark the imagination when one opens the mind to experiencing new cultures, new ways of thinking and, ultimately, new ways of approaching design’. Summer Williams, Director, Summer Williams Design.
‘I can tell you who inspires me; anyone or any situation where there is triumph over adversity. Someone or something succeeding and winning but against all odds. Cancer patients, grieving and heartbroken people, managing to get up and carry on. Amazing human spiritual strength inspires me’. James Constantinou, star of Channel 4’s Posh Pawn and Director of Prestige Asset Finance Limited.
‘From a design perspective I have been most inspired through my career by Johnny Grey, the maverick architect and kitchen designer who threw the rule-book out of the window. I align with his visionary ideas for today’s living and creative use of materials and colour. I am also inspired daily by the incredible talents of our local artisans who produce unique creations, leading trends and pushing the boundaries for interior decorating, upcycling and ethical living’. Julia Kendell, Interior Design Professional, Presenter and D.I.Y. Diva.
‘I like humour, I like colour and I like those things to come together without having to go to a museum. That’s where the artist Camille Walala comes in – her bold, bright wall murals can be found everywhere from Old Street’s Splice building to a random playground in Dalston. Art should be part of life and Walala makes it accessible to everyone and anyone – from frazzled hipsters to hyperactive pre-schoolers’. Anna Whitehouse, expert at Shortlist Magqazine, founder of blogzine Mother Pukka.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more