The colours you choose to wear and have in your living space say a lot about your personality and outlook on life. Fashion may also have an impact on what shade of a colour you choose, however, most of us will unwittingly veer towards our favourite basic colours as we feel most comfortable with these around us.
Black may be perceived by some as high fashion and by others as depressing and morose. However, people who choose black as their colour of choice are often creative and sensitive. Black can also be a ‘safe’ or classic colour – think about those favourite black trousers or LBD (little black dress) that we all own!
White is pure and tranquil and provides the perfect blank canvas for accent colours and statement pieces. People who choose white are often logical thinkers, well organised and dislike clutter and disorder in their lives.
Red is a colour loved by people who like to stand out and used in their homes to create a highlight in a particular area. Lovers of red are often spontaneous, passionate and gregarious, but they are also tenacious and determined in all they do.
Blue is chosen by laid-back and easy-going types. Blue in the home gives a feeling of tranquility, peace and harmony. People who like blue are generally tidy and enjoy stability in their lives.
Green is often chosen by people who are affectionate and dependable but speak their minds. Green can be both invigorating and soothing in the home, and depending on what shade of green you choose, it can be experimental, fresh and reminiscent of nature.
Yellow, the colour of sunshine and chosen by those with a sunny disposition. People who like yellow enjoy learning new things and sharing that knowledge with others. They are upbeat and happy go lucky types. Yellow is a great colour for bathrooms and kitchens for a quick boost in the morning.
Purple signifies an artistic and creative nature. However, this creativity can sometimes come across to others as arrogance. Purple in the home is sexy, romantic and sometimes moody, depending on the shade.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more