Welcoming walnut finishes into your home is a sure fire way to make it the cosiest place to be this winter. Walnut finishes instantly create such a warm, tactile and inviting feel throughout your space, not to mention adding a really premium look. So sit back, snuggle up and relax as we show you how to create a cosy autumnal vibe throughout your home.
Walnut is a medium-brown finish that’s not too light or dark, yet its yellow undertones place it within a warmer colour group along with finishes such as mahogany or cherry. What sets walnut apart is that it’s incredibly versatile when it comes to styling with other colours and finishes. You can easily style walnut with light or dark paint colours and furniture pieces, depending on whether you’re after a bright or cosier look.
Styling walnut with green, grey and blue shades will keep the look connected, while lighter colours will create a stronger contrast and really make your walnut furniture stand out.
Walnut Finishes: The Winter Warmer
There are so many ways to introduce this tactile finish to your home. So whether you’re looking to create a cosy living area or inviting dining space, there is sure to be a walnut piece to suit your needs. However, that’s not to say you need walnut finishes in every aspect of your space. Coordination and combinations are key…
Accentuate the Look: Walnut and Black Chrome
Two finishes that are a match made in heaven are walnut and black chrome. A subtler take on a regular chrome finish, black chrome further accentuates the dark luxe qualities that a walnut finish has, while also introducing a modern flair and shine. A combination of black chrome and walnut is also an easier way to introduce a black chrome finish to your space as the two materials work so seamlessly well together.
Top Tip: a fabric sofa will keep your walnut finishes looking even cosier. To keep the look light but coordinated, opt for a lighter colour fabric.
Our Acute range, which includes a side table, square coffee table and large coffee table, is a simple but really effective way to introduce this winter warmer look to your living space. With a combination of such deluxe finishes, you can really have some fun with your styling. Take the Acute console table, for example. To create this moody yet cosy look, add a candle and some dark accessories.
If you’re looking for a little more contrast, opt for regular chrome. This can be done with walnut and chrome mixed material piece like the Curva dining table. Here we’ve gone for the coordinating Curva chairs in black but if you want to lighten the look, go for a lighter colour such as white.
Complement the Look: Walnut and Brushed Metal
If you’re after a slightly less shiny surface to chrome, brushed metal is about to become your new best friend! This sleek material finish has a much gentler shine than chrome. This, combined with the warm tones of the walnut, really helps to create a smooth and cohesive look. Another great thing about brushed metal is that you can introduce this as part of your walnut furniture, such as the legs of the Halo coffee table. Alternatively, you can coordinate your walnut pieces with other brushed metal elements in your space, from dining tables and chairs to your sofa feet and curtain rails.
Coordinate the Look: Walnut and Leather
A great way to create a really cosy feel is to combine your walnut finishes with smooth leather pieces. The variation of textures will again break up the look but if you opt for cooler shades like stone or charcoal grey, the colours and textures will seamlessly blend together.
To achieve this look, you can opt for a smaller piece that combines the finishes, such as the Duo Walnut Side Table and Graphite Grey Stool Set. If you’re looking to create a real style statement in your space, go for something larger like the Assi Walnut Extending and Deco Dining Set. If you’re looking to carry a walnut theme throughout your home, opt for both!
Lighten the Look: Walnut and Glass or Gloss
Styling your walnut finishes with a glass or glossy surface will keep your room feeling rich and tactile but will help to lighten the overall look. The contrast of finishes will break up the scheme while also stopping your interior looking too dark. This might be a factor to consider if you already have a lot of darker finishes and want to introduce walnut into your space.
You can achieve this look by choosing a piece that is a mix of materials, such as the Assi White Gloss and Walnut Sideboard, or choose a glass item that will complement your interior while not being too visually impactful, like the Ripple Glass and Gold Coffee Table.
So there you have it, a whole variety of ways to introduce walnut in your home. Have we inspired you to create this winter warmer look in your home? Let us know in the comments! And for even more inspiration on how to style this on-trend finish in your home, be sure to take a look at our walnut Pinterest board which is packed full of design ideas.
Show Us Your Style
Already have some walnut Danetti pieces in your home? We’d love to see how you’ve styled this rich finish in your space. For your chance to be featured on our page, simply post a picture on Facebook or Instagram with #mydanetti.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more