As the first generation of people who spent their formative years playing computer games are reaching their thirties, and owning homes of their own, we’re seeing a growing trend for games rooms.
It’s a great social phenomenon – a whole room devoted to comfortable, casual seating, a huge TV and the latest consoles like Wii and Playstation 3. It means that you can have your friends around for dance mat contest, or turn the room into a home cinema for the night.
Having a home games room can be a great money-saver as there’s no need to go out to expensive bars and restaurants to get together with your friends – they’ll be flocking to your house every weekend.
Plus, if you have children, then they’ll love this space (so much so that you may have trouble getting them out!)
Don’t take our word for it that this is a big interiors trend … even posh rental properties are getting in on the act. We recently stayed at Longshore House – a gorgeous luxury house in West Wales – and the attic was a dedicated games room with low square seating and a Wii.
Feeling inspired? If you fancy setting up your own games room at home, we have most of the things you need here at Danetti, see below for a selection of our stool seating and TV units. All you need to buy now is that giant TV.
1. Kube square stool, new in VIEW
2. Orbit round stool, new in VIEW
3. Bodil sofa in red VIEW
4. Petar high plasma TV stand VIEW
5. Cale TV stand VIEW
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- 4 Things You Need To Know About Interior Trends This SeasonSoft weaves, sweeping curves and rich textured grains are all the trend this season when it comes to interiors. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Damien to discover more about this season’s need-to-know tips.Read more
- Autumn Winter Home Décor: Adding texture to your homeThe change of season into Autumn and Winter is the perfect opportunity to restyle your interior. Changing things up can provide an instant room mood-booster and bringing in different textural elements through furniture, colours and accessories will add to the warmth factor of your home during this time of year.Read more
- Relaxing Interior Design: 3 Ways To Create a Relaxing Space at HomeSoft and neutral palettes, soothing fabrics and textures, and subtle signature detailing; it’s the perfect interior recipe for creating a home that feels like a sanctuary. We sat down with Danetti Designer, Francesca, to discover how you can easily create an aesthetic that feels comfortable, warm, and cosy.Read more
- Armchairs and Accents Chairs: How To Style Your Occasional ChairCreate your own reading corner, bring a cosy feeling to your living space, or add character to your bedroom with our collection of accent chairs and occasional chairs.Read more