We’ve all been flicking through the pages of House Beautiful and 25 Beautiful Homes, wishing we could recreate that same Country House Glamour in our own homes. Those perfectly styled images look like they have taken years to cultivate all the bits and bobs. However, you too can bring this look to your home by following a few simple steps.
The key to Country House Glamour is getting the textures and shapes right. Once you have these in place you can embellish the look with whatever artwork and props you see fit. But it’s best to start with the basics- your furniture!
Country Kitchen Style
If you want to bring a country look to your home, the easiest place to start would be your kitchen. Simply add hardwood furniture with a modern twist!
Our Cleo range comes in either a 4 seater pedestal dining table, or a 6 seater rectangular table. Both have a modern country style turned base, which exudes country glamour, whilst the wood grain on the table top brings that modern edge.
Once your dining table is in place, you have endless seating options! Either mix and match vintage chairs you’ve collected over the years from junk shops and boot fairs, or stick to one, modern style. We love the Santo stackable dining chair for a glamorous look. The smooth white faux leather will balance the wood grain and create a really stylised look.
Alternatively, pair the Finn dining chairs with the blue base of the 6 seater Cleo for a fun, colour country style.
Country Hallway Style
The entryway is the first part of our homes visitor see, so if you’re looking for that country vibe, be sure you bring this style into your hallway. Choose a console table with a wood grain effect, paired with glass to keep that modern twist. The Calanna is a great option for your hallway as it is minimal enough to sit in any space, whilst the wood grain of the top brings that country charm.
Style with a textured rug, a quirky hat stand and your favourite painting in a vintage frame to keep the country feel. Choose muted sage and cream colours to play on the calming country look.
Country Living Style
Finally, to top off your new Country home let’s take a look at our living rooms. Tweeds, velvets and wools are your classic country textures, however, for that modern, glamorous feel, play with leathers and smooth textures.
It’s important to keep an element of country homes with the use of wooden coffee tables and side tables. Keep the quilting detail on sofas, such as our Ellis sofa, and add plaid blankets to keep things cosy.
So, have we convinced you to introduce a country glamour style into your home? If so, don’t forget to tag us in your photos on Facebook and Instagram!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more