If you work from home or just want the kids to have a space to do their homework, creating a home office can be a great idea. We show you the furniture buys that will allow you to do it in style!
Whether you have just a small space in which to set up your home office – under the stairs, or in the corner of the living room, perhaps – or whether you’ve got a whole room or a garden office to furnish, Danetti has some great products to help you make the most of it.
1. The Zap gas lift office chair is one of the best investments you can make for your home office. The chair that you sit in all day long can make a great different to your comfort, and your longer term health. If you’ve got a suitable place to sit then you’re more likely to feel ready to work, and also more likely to sit down longer rather than finding excuses to get up. The Zap gas lift chair has a height-adjustable seat and arm rests, plus a deeply padded seat and even a head rest!
2. The Saya desk is often purchased as a dining table as well a s a desk – it’s that kind of flexibility that you should have in mind when choosing your home office furniture. The Saya is extendible so is really useful if you have a couple of people needing to use the desk at the same time, or for when you have lots of guests for dinner! Added to this, the glass top is really elegant and will not clutter your home office up visually.
3. The Previl desk chair is a less elaborate desk chair – perhaps best for creating a home office in a little spare space such as under the stairs or in the corner of the living room or bedroom. This chair is great for using with any table to create an instant working area and the height-adjustable arms, seat and back mean you can make it fit any person and any table height.
4. The Santino square gloss cabinet is one very classy piece of furniture. It’s perfect for having a bank of storage along the one wall of your home office, or if you don’t have a dedicated room, it would also look amazing in any living room or dining room. You could even just use part of it for paperwork and office storage, and keep some storage space free for crockery, DVDs or whatever tends to clutter your home!
5. The Walther multiform table is one of our niftiest items. It’s a coffee table, it’s a desk, it’s a dining table… it’s SO useful. Position it in your living room and it’s great for mugs of tea when friends come over,but as soon as you need to go into work mode, you can simply bring up the one half of it and hey presto – the perfect surface for your laptop!
TOP TIPS FOR MAKING A HOME OFFICE WORK FOR YOU…
- Turn your home office into the kind of room where you want to spend time – create a good ambience with easy chairs, pictures, candles and a bookshelf so you won’t mind staying in there all day if you need to.
- Make an effort to keep your desk and office clear of junk and have regular clearouts, even if you’re not naturally tidy.
- Get a good desk light to prevent eye-strain and make the room seem more inviting.
- If possible position your working space or office away from the road or other rooms in the house which get used frequently.
- Make storage a priority – sensible shelving and cupboards that will house box files – along with a desk that is fit for purpose and a comfortable chair.
- Ask an electrician to add extra sockets if needed, so that you can put the desk where you want and not be ruled by where the plugs are.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more
- Living Room inspiration: 3 questions to ask yourself before buying a coffee tableIt’s the space where you pop your cuppa and layout your favourite magazines. The piece that completes the look and feel of your living space. Coffee tables are super functional, but so often an afterthought when it comes to living room décor. When revamping your space, it’s important to think about the purpose of your table.Read more