If you’re looking to keep your home fairly neutral and then add just a few accents of colour then basic white and cream are not your only options…
Clay and earth tones are great for giving a natural, organic look – they’re great for mixing with greens and reds as there are colours found in abundance in nature as well. The overall look will help you bring the outdoors in a little.
Soft off-whites create feelings of light, warmth and serenity and can be just as effective in modern and period properties. Remember that often even something that seems as neutral as white can have a hint of blue or red, which can change the character of the colour altogether.
Grey is a very modern looking neutral and is especially good if used instead of white when you’re creating a monochrome look. Bare black and white can start to look too stark and it’s a bit of a dated look, but if you bring in elephant grey, or stone grey, then you have a very sophisticated scheme.
It’s easiest to think of neutrals as falling into two families – the warm neutrals such as brown, tan and beige, and the cool neutrals like white, silver and grey. Cool neutrals are perfect for creating pretty yet contemporary looks and work well in kitchens and living rooms. Warm neutrals are more flexible and work well in any space particularly where warmth and relaxation is desired.
We hope that helps!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy shares her home bar styling tipsWe've teamed up with Interior Design Masters finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy for some Friday fizz fun! For this guest blog takeover, Siobhan has created three signature looks with our customers favourite drinks cabinet. Check out her top tips on how to achieve each of these styles below.Read more
- Interior Design Masters Siobhan Murphy answers your Danetti design dilemmasWe've teamed up with Interior Design Master's finalist and Interior Stylist, Siobhan Murphy to tackle your Danetti design dilemmas! From home office hacks to better organising your décor, check out Siobhan's top tips for styling your home and enhancing your space.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more