The sun is shining (well it was last time we looked) and we’re all moving our lives outdoors. Preparing for those weekends filled with barbecues, drinks on the terrace and casual family meals in the garden.
If you’re thinking about investing in some new garden furniture to celebrate the arrival of summer, we have a few handy tips on what to buy and how to take care of your purchases.
How much to spend?
As you’ll find with most furniture, the more you spend, the better the quality of materials and the longer your product will last. However, if you’re on a budget, look out for plastic furniture (we have a huge selection) which can be really durable but still very reasonable.
It’s also worth considering modular furniture – it may come at a slightly higher price point but would be worth the investment. The options are endless; from transforming your modular sofa into a garden day bed, to a coffee table than can be turned into an extra seat. This sort of design is great as it can be moved and rearranged to suit your space and needs.
What to buy?
Before choosing, think about what you need the furniture for. If you rarely have friends over then some simple stackable chairs and an extending table may be great.
If, on the other hand, you’re planning to fill your garden with friends and family for the entire summer, some furniture which can be left out may be better.
For those of you who love to be the host with the most then you may also want to consider those extra pieces like a garden bar trolley or a coffee table with an ice bucket – a little more extravagant and perhaps not a necessity, but a practical and fun piece to have!
If you need more of an in depth look at the ins and outs of sizing, care and cleaning before you make a purchase for your garden, check out our buying guide here.
Which materials to choose?
Aluminium outdoor furniture is light in weight and practical too. It’s easy to maintain and is really durable – it won’t rust. Many of our aluminium are powder coated which means they will not discolour over time.
Our Top Pick: If you’re looking for a 6 seater garden table and chairs, we recommend the Rio and Skye Outdoor Dining Set. The central drinks bucket on the Rio garden table is a great feature that allows you to keep drinks cool in the summer sun. The Skye chairs are also perfect for busy families; they’re low maintenance thanks to their wipeable and easy-to-clean finish.
Rattan or wicker-effect furniture will add a touch of sophistication to any outdoor space. The appearance is natural but stylish and it’s lightweight and easy to put away for storage.
Our Top Pick: If you’re looking for a 4 seater garden dining set or some outdoor bar chairs, our Ivy range is for you. Having matching dining chairs and bar stools add a real luxury and contemporary feel to a setting.
Wooden outdoor furniture looks great and is practical. It blends seamlessly into the outdoors and has a great individual look. The weight of wooden furniture means it’s a stable choice in exposed windy weather. Remember though that wood will require treatment every 6-12 months to keep it in tip top condition, especially if you’re leaving it outside all year round.
Lastly, but by no means least, plastic furniture. It’s great if you’re on a budget and you want furniture that’s contemporary and practical. Because plastic is man-made and can be moulded, you’ll be able to choose from a huge array of colours and designs. Plastic furniture is easy to clean and is extremely durable, and can even be left outside during the winter.
How should you maintain your purchases?
Look at the furniture’s care instructions to find out if you’re going to need to stain, re-paint, clean or move your furniture undercover during bad weather. It’s important to make sure you have room to store your furniture during the winter if it’s going to be susceptible to frost or continued rain. Even if products say that they can be left outside all year round, you might find that putting them away will prolong their lives and good looks!
View the full Danetti garden collection here.
Published Date: March 2021
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Aluminium: Why You Should Buy Aluminium Garden FurnitureAluminium Garden Furniture is such a great choice, and we're here to show you why! Lightweight, durable and easy to clean, aluminium garden furniture will help to transform your outdoor space.Read more
- Garden Furniture Buying Guide: Everything You Need To KnowNeed help choosing your outdoor furniture? Perhaps you want to give your garden a whole new look? In this post, we’ll walk you through what to watch out for when buying garden furniture for your home - so you can spend time with friends and family in a space you love this summertime!Read more
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more