CHOOSING YOUR BAR STOOL
There’s a huge amount of variation in style and quality when it comes to bar stools. Daniel Smith, owner of Danetti, says the first thing you need to consider is the height of the stool you are buying: “There are two standard heighs of counter – 900ml and 1100ml, and if you buy the wrong heightstool for your counter, then you won’t be sitting comfortably!”
A great option is to go for a gas lift stool so the height is adjustable, meaning the stool can be used in different locations in your home or business. If you’re buying a bar stool for your home, or for a cafe where there are likely to be children around, then safety has to be a primary concern: “Bar stools are not advised for children,” says Daniel, “but if you are concerned that children may try to use them, then it is best to opt for either a fixed base bar stool that can actually be attached to the ground, or to get ones that have very heavy bases so they do not easily topple over.”
In terms of quality, Daniel says that good bar stools should have hard-wearing rubber or felt pads on the bottoms of the legs to protect your flooring. And if you want your stool to last, then either leather or faux leather will withstand spills and will be easy to wipe down. A strong plastic material will also stand the test of time very well.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more