‘Classic Blue’ has been named Pantone’s Colour of the Year for 2020. Pantone have described it as ‘a timeless and enduring colour that’s simple in its elegance’, however some have said that Pantone’s choice of colour for 2020 is a tad boring compared to recent years with last years bold ‘Living Coral’. Do you agree? If you dig a little bit deeper into the meaning behind the colour, it starts to make sense – the more we look, the more we love it! Inspired by the ever increasing stress in the modern world and the rise in people with anxiety, classic blue is a colour that evokes a sense of calm, wellbeing, and creates a restful sanctuary within your home. Blue has been popping up everywhere across interiors, fashion and textiles in various hues.
So how can you use Classic blue in your home?
This hue works particularly well in velvet, set against geometric prints and accents of brass and you’re well on your way to creating a ‘maximalist’ look for your living space, perfectly on trend for 2020 and beyond!
Get the Look:
A similar palette for dining creates a moody yet elegant dining set up. Whichever way you look at it, this look is bang on trend and will definitely impress those future dinner guests! It shouts indulgence, with luxe finishes and fabrics and adds a sense of glamour to a seriously grown up dine setting, which makes me think of the Danish concept of ‘Umage’. Yes you heard me right, Danish! This look can be classed as Scandinavian, Let me explain…
The word ‘Umage’ actually means ‘to make a little bit more effort’, so recently we have seen the Scandinavian interiors move away from the overly white and minimalist look to a more elegant and indulgent feel. the darker moody colours create a cocooning and inviting feel which gives us that cozy ‘hygge’ feel of the more typical Scandinavian interiors.
So if you’re feeling like you need a little more “Umage’ in your life you can get the look here: Clover dining chair £169, mellow backless bench £309, Mellow bench with back £449 Zilo dining table £129, Alma floor lamp £39.
Sometimes ‘trend colours’ can be hard to use – maybe too bold and not colours that we’d want to commit to seeing day in – day out. Pantone’s Classic Blue marks the change; blue kitchens in various hues work on any scale, whether you have a space conscious new build or a larger open plan space. Cool-hued blue is ideal for mixing with grey – this blue kitchen is the perfect backdrop for our New grey velvet Clover Barstools and Harper Chairs.
Moving upstairs into the bedroom….
A statement headboard in a statement blue, is well.. a statement! And why shouldn’t it be? Art deco is fast becoming a favourite in our homes and we are seeing more and more nods to this elegant yet statement trend.
For this look we worked with one of Pantones series of colour harmonies. ‘Desert twilight’ contrasts the statement classic blue colour with warm earthy tones of pink like muted clay and terracotta. The earthy tones of pink and touches of brass pair perfectly with classic blue to create a really soft, relaxing and harmonised look.
If you decide to recreate any of these looks then you can send in your images to our Instagram and not only will we share our favourites but you may be in with a chance to win a Danetti gift voucher!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- 5 Need to Know Tips to Create Space in a Small HomeAs homes get smaller and storage space gets converted into living space, it can be a challenge to keep our homes looking clean and tidy. We have a variety of insider tips to help you maximise your small space for a clear and open home.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more