Coloured dining chairs are a great way to add vibrancy to your dining area. January is so grey, we all need a bit of bright in our lives, to see us through to the BBQ season.
There so much scope to play with colour, Multicoloured dining chairs are definitely not just for the super modern minimalists. Coloured dining chairs can be used as just two accent chairs in a mix of greys or a full on statement of 6 bright chairs in just one shade. You can pick a tone from a rug, or a picture, or even just the hue of your favourite flower. Recently on a shoot we styled all yellow Eames Style Dining Chair to tie in with an abundant vase of Mimosa. There was nothing else yellow in the room but the cheery yellow was singing.
Multicoloured chairs aren’t only for large expansive spaces. I know there’s a big trend of an accent wall but if your dining table is in the lounge, or like me you rent, you don’t necessarily want bright colour on the wall. Using bright dining chairs is a great compromise.
Sometimes plastic isn’t the first choice when we think of comfort for seating but I want to dispel the myth. It’s the perfect material for showing off a bold colour and maximising durability; It’s warmer than metal and more hardwearing than fabric. In the case of the Eames Style Dining Chair and the Gliss 921 A Frame Chair for example, it’s the moulding of the plastic that gives the seat it’s comfort. All of our multicoloured chairs are easily wipe able which is ideal for families where you want style but are possibly wiping your dining chairs 10 times a day!
Here’s how you can get the look with our top five Coloured Plastic Chairs.
Emo Plastic Dining Chair has the broadest palette so you can either mx them all up, pick a palette that suits you or just go for one shade.
Who doesn’t love the Eames Dining Chairs? Apart from the yellow the palette here is slightly more muted which allows you to buy into the look of colourful dining chairs but in a slightly quieter way.
Like the Emo Plastic Dining Chair Dining Chair the Snow 300 Plastic Coloured Dining Chair can be used indoors or outdoors and are stackable. They have a slightly more curly shape than the Emo Plastic Dining Chair.
This is a real design classic. As coloured dining chairs go this one fuses real design kudos with functionality. The transparence Perspex used on the seat of the seat gives the colours real light and depth. Not just restricted to dining chairs, this chair would make a beautiful accent for a desk or in-home work space.
These aren’t actually plastic, they are painted plywood but the effect is the same: Strong bold colour with real impact. These chairs stack which is ideal for a smaller space or when you just need to pull up a few extra pews.
Publish Date: January 2015
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more