Coloured dining chairs are a great way to add vibrancy to your dining area. January is so grey, we all need a bit of bright in our lives, to see us through to the BBQ season.
There so much scope to play with colour, Multicoloured dining chairs are definitely not just for the super modern minimalists. Coloured dining chairs can be used as just two accent chairs in a mix of greys or a full on statement of 6 bright chairs in just one shade. You can pick a tone from a rug, or a picture, or even just the hue of your favourite flower. Recently on a shoot we styled all yellow Eames Style Dining Chair to tie in with an abundant vase of Mimosa. There was nothing else yellow in the room but the cheery yellow was singing.
Multicoloured chairs aren’t only for large expansive spaces. I know there’s a big trend of an accent wall but if your dining table is in the lounge, or like me you rent, you don’t necessarily want bright colour on the wall. Using bright dining chairs is a great compromise.
Sometimes plastic isn’t the first choice when we think of comfort for seating but I want to dispel the myth. It’s the perfect material for showing off a bold colour and maximising durability; It’s warmer than metal and more hardwearing than fabric. In the case of the Eames Style Dining Chair and the Gliss 921 A Frame Chair for example, it’s the moulding of the plastic that gives the seat it’s comfort. All of our multicoloured chairs are easily wipe able which is ideal for families where you want style but are possibly wiping your dining chairs 10 times a day!
Here’s how you can get the look with our top five Coloured Plastic Chairs.
1. Emo Plastic Dining Chair – £56
These have the double joy of being indoor or outdoor because if the material. They are 100% moulded so can be used outside as effectively as indoors. Like the Fern Dining Chairs they also stack. Of all of our coloured dining chairs the Emo Plastic Dining Chair has the broadest palette so you can either mx them all up, pick a palette that suits you or just go for one shade.
2. Eames Style Dining Chair – £49
Who doesn’t love the Eames Dining Chairs? Apart from the yellow the palette here is slightly more muted which allows you to buy into the look of colourful dining chairs but in a slightly quieter way.
Like the Emo Plastic Dining Chair Dining Chair the Snow 300 Plastic Coloured Dining Chair can be used indoors or outdoors and are stackable. They have a slightly more curly shape than the Emo Plastic Dining Chair.
4. Gliss 921 A Frame Chair – £129
This is a real design classic. As coloured dining chairs go this one fuses real design kudos with functionality. The transparence Perspex used on the seat of the seat gives the colours real light and depth. Not just restricted to dining chairs, this chair would make a beautiful accent for a desk or in-home work space.
5. Fern Dining Chair – £38
These aren’t actually plastic, they are painted plywood but the effect is the same: Strong bold colour with real impact. These chairs stack which is ideal for a smaller space or when you just need to pull up a few extra pews.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more