The focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. When it holds such high design value, it’s important to find a style that looks good, feels cosy, and fits the atmosphere you want to create. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.
Think ‘Plush and Cosy’ with Pillows
One of the first and most important things to consider when styling a contemporary sofa is what will add to that cosy feeling – modern sofas often have quite a defined and structured silhouette, and you can soften this look with pillows and cushions; an essential part of the ‘cosy’ factor. Mix different textures and fabrics together with accessories to add interest to your sofa and keep it super tactile.
The Harley Light Grey Leather Corner Sofa is spacious and comfortable with a finish that will with-stand the test of time. One way to add a little something extra to the look and feel of this sofa would be to cluster together a group of geometric pillows for a more modern look or brighten up a room by adding some colour block pillows.
Add More Texture with Throws
A good throw is a handy addition to any sofa. It can help add a pop of colour to your scheme or help soften the overall design if your desired theme is neutral. You can also switch it up for the season by choosing patterned thin throws for warmer months and chunky woollen throws for when the weather cools down.
Create Mood Lighting
Lighting can have a significant effect on our psyche. A warm light can be soothing and help create an inviting environment. A floor lamp will not only frame the look but also add height and dimension to your space.
It’s important to consider the right light to match your desired theme. For example, our Luxe Modern Ice Grey Leather Sofa is the go-to modern chesterfield sofa for a neutral setting; invest in a brightly lit or bold coloured lampshade for an uplifting ambiance.
Add More Interest with A Coffee Table
The iconic duo of the sofa and the coffee table is the trendsetting combination of any living room. As far as modern living room furniture goes, the coffee table is a great way to showcase your stack of books or bring your space to life with a bouquet of flowers. Great for storing and placing everyday essentials – our coffee table range caters to a variety of styles regardless of whether you prefer a velvet sofa or a luxe sofa.
Rugs Add To The Comfort Factor
Adding texture and pattern to your interior can really help bring all elements together. Rugs are a great way to tie together all the elements of your room, along with giving your feet something soft to sink into.
When styling your sofa, the finished look and comfort are the key things to consider. To summarise:
- Add texture through cushions and pillows.
- Use as a design element or as a feature that is always available to grab for extra cosiness and comfort – your throw is an easy to update element that goes a long way.
- Create an inviting ambiance of warmth and relaxation through the addition of a floor lamp and choose your lighting to match your desired theme.
- Structure your space with a coffee table to complement your contemporary sofa.
- Soft rugs can help accentuate your space as well as provide the perfect canvas to bring all elements together.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Living Room inspiration: 3 questions to ask yourself before buying a coffee tableIt’s the space where you pop your cuppa and layout your favourite magazines. The piece that completes the look and feel of your living space. Coffee tables are super functional, but so often an afterthought when it comes to living room décor. When revamping your space, it’s important to think about the purpose of your table.Read more
- Interior Styling Tips: Create An Insta-Worthy Living Room With Bold Colours & AccentsWe’re swooning over the current trending interior design theme that is Hollywood Glam. Bold jewel tones, brass accents, and an art deco colour palette – we’ve got it all in-store. Here’s how we can easily achieve this look.Read more
- Interior Styling Tips: Create An Insta-Worthy Living Room With Neutral TonesGetting the insta-worthy design of your dreams is easier than it may seem. All it takes is some clever placement and a clear design goal. Here are some recommendations paired with our trending pieces to help you get one step closer to your insta-worthy living room.Read more
- Modern Coffee Tables: 4x Things You Need To Know When StylingOur expert stylist, Katie, has shared her top styling tips and interior knowledge so that you’ve got all the info you need to find the perfect coffee table for your space.Read more