With Wimbledon about to kick off, we’re all super excited to watch our favourite, Andy Murray, battle it out for a 3rd Wimbledon victory. Sure to be right by his side is mother, Judy Murray, who recently had her London Flat made over with House Beautiful magazine. Featuring Danetti furniture, you too can get the look in 5 simple steps. Want to know how? Read on…
1. Home Makeover Basics
First of all, before starting your own home makeover it’s key to do your research. Pinterest is a great place to start. Look for colour, themes and prints which excite and will fit in with any existing furniture. As you can see with Judy’s home, House Beautiful chose a relaxing colour palette of whites and greys. This has been balanced with a hint of blue and pale aqua and abstract floral prints to add interest.
Moodboard inspired by Judys Home Makeover
Check out Farrow & Ball’s Cornforth White; an understated grey; not too cool, and not to warm either. Add Topps Tiles Matrix tiles in black for contrast and Feathr’s English Rose wallpaper in Forest to warm things up.
Judy’s White Gloss Zen Dining Table
2. Dining Table
Once you have selected the colours and textures you want to use, its time to decide on the most important piece of furniture for your kitchen; the Dining Table. Continuing the modern theme, maybe think about choosing a White Gloss Dining Table. This will compliment with the shiny tiles, and reflect all that beautiful colour!
Our Zen Dining Table in white Gloss works perfectly within our moodboard, and is exactly what Judy has in her own home! The Zen Dining Table also comes in Grey Gloss and Glass with White or Grey Gloss Legs – A design for every home!
3. Dining Chairs
Now, you probably want some chairs to go with your new Zen Dining Table? For Judy’s home makeover, House Beautiful have teamed the Zen Dining Table with our Elise Faux Leather Dining Chairs. The smooth faux leather brings depth to the room as it contrasts the reflective finish of our Dining Table. Plus, the chrome legs keep the feeling of a modern kitchen without being too strong. (For a super modern edge, check out the Elise Dining Chair with black chrome Legs)
Judy loves to entertain around her new Danetti Dining Set!
If you wanted to inject a bit more colour, the Elise dining chair comes in 9 different colours, meaning your sure to find the perfect shade for your home.
4. Bar Stools
To finish off the perfect Danetti home makeover, you’ll need some barstools for quick breakfasts and socialising during dinner parties!
In addition to the Leather Elise Chairs, Carry this through to your barstools too. House Beautiful have used our Monti Real Leather Bar Stools in Charcoal Grey. By using a different shade of grey this stops the room looking too co-ordinated and twee.
Again, as with the Elise Dining Chairs, the smooth matt finish of the Monti Bar Stool is the perfect opposite to that gloss kitchen island.
And finally, no home makeover would be complete without the finishing touches. Probably the most enjoyable part of a renovation is shopping for those little bits and bobs, and placing your favourite items in prime position for all to see. Because our colour palette is pretty neutral, the addition of warmer pieces will help lift the room and add character.
Selection of Vases from H&M Home
By sticking to shades from our statement wall paper, you’re able to pull the scheme through from one room to the next. Same as our floral wallpaper, adding a touch of foliage and greenery will breath life into your home, while remaining on trend.
Get The Look
Love this look? Well thats good, because we do to! Here’s your shopping list to get Judy’s home makeover look for yourself;
So there you have it,
5 simple steps to you very own Judy Murray home makeover. You can check out the full article right here on the House Beautiful website. If you decide to use any of these tips, be sure to share your snaps with us, with the chance to be featured on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages! Just remember to tag us and use #mydanetti!
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Summer Home Styling Tips: 5x Ways To Transform Your Home This SeasonFrom adding personality to your garden, to turning your bedroom into an airy sleep sanctuary, discover how you can curate a home look that’ll see you through the season but keep you cool and comfortable this summer.Read more
- What is Escapism in Interior Design? All You Need To KnowBoost your mood as soon as you return home with the interior design trend, Escapism. More than ever before, people are wanting to create a space where they can embody that ‘staycation’ feeling of bringing the outside in and creating an extension of their interior in their garden.Read more
- Multifunctional Spaces: Here’s What You Need To Know About Multifunctional Interior DesignEffortlessly stylish and modern furniture that’s easy to adapt with your needs and your space; this season has seen a shift in interior design with the need for multipurpose pieces that can transform with you and your home.Read more
- Our Product Design Process: The Danetti DifferenceWhen we design a product at Danetti, we always consider how the item will make customers feel once they bring it into their home. We sat down with one of our Designers, Francesca to get a whistle-stop tour on what goes into the creative process for Danetti furniture.Read more
- Interior Design Insights: 3x Things You Need To KnowWhether you’re curating a space that’s luxurious and vibrant or cool and calming, furniture is going to play a huge part in how you bring that look and feel to the space and tell a style story.Read more