The latest trend to emerge in the world of interiors is furniture zoning – it’s a great way to create useful and cosy areas within even the largest of rooms
Over the last few months we’ve started to see a shift in people’s furniture buying habits. There’s increasingly a trend away from sprawling open-plan spaces with all the furniture part of one large scheme. The new trend is for arranging furniture into ‘zones’ and using smaller pieces of furniture and flexible items such as modular sofas, coffee tables and bar stools to create intimate and useful living areas.
For example within one open plan living dining room, you may want to create a ‘reading area’ with two high backed arm chairs arranged near a book case and a reading lamp. Separate from this you may want a couple of small sofas or modular seating that can be arranged as you like, plus a coffee table and your TV and entertainment units. On the other side of the room you could place a dining table and chairs, a sideboard and lamps. In this way, a large space is broken up into three distinct ‘zones’ that make your home a nice place to live.
If the area you’re breaking up is a kitchen diner instead, then you might want to create a casual dining zone with a breakfast bar and bar stools, a formal dining area with dining table and chairs, and perhaps an area with floor cushions or low stools arranged around a TV and games console – so the family can be entertained while somebody cooks.
At Danetti we’re one step ahead of the trend – we have available a range of items that can easily be reconfigured, such as coffee tables that turn into dining tables, simple stools that can be used as casual seating and also as coffee tables, and modular sofas that you can organise according to what you need.
Call us if you would like advice on designing your space – we’ll be only too happy to help.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- Design Ideas: Brighten Up Your Bedroom with Our Top TipsThere are many ways you can brighten up your interior so that your room feels like a warm sanctuary escape in the winter months. Here are some easy ways to add some brightness into your bedroom.Read more
- Dining Room and Home Office Ideas: 6x Things You Need To Know About This SeasonFrom luxury materials to practical shapes and styles that are perfect for welcoming people back into your home, we sat down with our Danetti Dining and Home Office Expert, Johanna Rieser to get her exclusive insight on this season’s new collection.Read more
- Bedroom Trends: 5x Things You Need To Know About Our New CollectionFrom soft wood finishes and sumptuous fabrics, to why you should turn your bedroom into a sanctuary, we caught up with our Danetti bedroom expert, Kelly Harvey, to get the inside scoop on our new seasonal collection.Read more
- Enhancing Grey – What Colours Work Best With Grey?Grey is here to stay! Coined as the colour of the moment, the timeless and always trendy colour has been a fan favourite in the world of interior décor for quite some time. Check out our top palette pairings.Read more
- Modern Sofas: Style Tips and Décor EssentialsThe focal point of every living room, it’s important to invest time in finding the right sofa for your living space. From the size of your living room to the colour scheme, there are lots of factors to consider when styling your sofa as it’s a centrepiece, and one of the most used pieces furniture in your home. Here are our top tips for styling your sofa.Read more