The latest trend to emerge in the world of interiors is furniture zoning – it’s a great way to create useful and cosy areas within even the largest of rooms
Over the last few months we’ve started to see a shift in people’s furniture buying habits. There’s increasingly a trend away from sprawling open-plan spaces with all the furniture part of one large scheme. The new trend is for arranging furniture into ‘zones’ and using smaller pieces of furniture and flexible items such as modular sofas, coffee tables and bar stools to create intimate and useful living areas.
For example within one open plan living dining room, you may want to create a ‘reading area’ with two high backed arm chairs arranged near a book case and a reading lamp. Separate from this you may want a couple of small sofas or modular seating that can be arranged as you like, plus a coffee table and your TV and entertainment units. On the other side of the room you could place a dining table and chairs, a sideboard and lamps. In this way, a large space is broken up into three distinct ‘zones’ that make your home a nice place to live.
If the area you’re breaking up is a kitchen diner instead, then you might want to create a casual dining zone with a breakfast bar and bar stools, a formal dining area with dining table and chairs, and perhaps an area with floor cushions or low stools arranged around a TV and games console – so the family can be entertained while somebody cooks.
At Danetti we’re one step ahead of the trend – we have available a range of items that can easily be reconfigured, such as coffee tables that turn into dining tables, simple stools that can be used as casual seating and also as coffee tables, and modular sofas that you can organise according to what you need.
Call us if you would like advice on designing your space – we’ll be only too happy to help.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Explore Our Blogs
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- Bring The Outside In – Interior Styling TipsIn a world where our homes have become more digital than ever, we need to bring the outside in and connect ourselves to nature. Adding natural elements to your interior helps to evoke feelings of reflection and grounding, so whether you’re green-fingered or a lover of faux fauna, here’s how you can bring the outside in.Read more
- Stylish Matching Bar Stools and Dining ChairsIf you love to co-ordinate key pieces in your home, there’s nothing that feels more effortless and curated than choosing matching bar stools and dining chairs. Co-ordinating furniture feels right at home in a kitchen-diner and we’ve several looks that pair perfectly so you don’t have to spend months looking for pieces that compliment one another!Read more
- Home Office Inspiration – Our Top TipsYour home office deserves to be practical and plush to keep you on top form for those endless Zoom meetings. It should also be a zone that inspires you and keeps you working at your best. Ready to revamp your workspace? Here are our top tips for home office inspiration.Read more