Have you ever found yourself scrolling through Instagram for spotless images of aesthetically pleasing living room design? We have too. Getting the insta-worthy design of your dreams is easier than it may seem. All it takes is some clever placement and a clear design goal.
Let’s begin with the soft and soothing picture-perfect home. A warm and neutral theme that can withstand the fickle nature of time and trend. This look is not only crisp and clean, but also warm and inviting, making it an Instagram follower favourite. Here are some recommendations paired with our trending pieces to help you get one step closer to your insta-worthy living room:
Add pattern and texture
Simplicity is the beauty of a neutral tone arrangement, making it the ideal foundation for any design. A one-tone look can sometimes be accused of being bland if not styled carefully. One way to combat this is by adding texture and pattern in the form of furniture or décor.
If warm undertones are what you’re going for, our Luxe Modern Champagne Heritage Chesterfield Fabric Sofa is a vision of comfort and elegance. Soft fabric with quilting detail makes this living room furniture a statement in a light-toned setting. A rug to match and a cosy knitted throw can also be used as additional elements of texture and pattern. Here, being mindful of your chosen theme is essential as less can be more in a neutral setting.
Combine this with our popular Karma Leather Reclining Armchair And Footstool for maximum comfort and a picture-worthy living space.
Don’t be afraid to add a little colour
Just enough to create interest without causing a visual clutter. Adding shades of a contrasting colour in small doses can not only elevate a neutral space, but this is also where you can personalise the setting to fit your desired mood. For example, using throw pillows in brighter shades and patterns is a popular design practice used to liven up a living space.
Another interesting way to achieve this is with contemporary living room furniture such as our Aurora Marble and Oak Round Coffee Table, with its light natural veining in its marble top, paired with the contrasting dark oak base. A dark wood coffee table – such as oak - can be used to contrast a neutral theme, further adding depth to your insta-worthy living space.
Add a little sparkleWant to create a luxurious look? Add some glamour to your neutrals by combining them with glass, mirror, chrome, or silver. This super chic luxe look can be easily achieved by placing reflective elements into your space. Our Acute Large White Gloss and Chrome Coffee Table paired with our Berkely White Drinks Cabinet is a winning combo for that luxury element.
When it comes to creating that dream worthy living room, not only can you create a space that’s guaranteed to pick up all of those follower likes, but a space that makes you happy and adds a fresh new feel to your home - it really is that simple. Just remember these top tips for building your insta-worthy room:
- Balance the one-tone element of a neutral setting by adding textures and patterns for interest and dimension.
- Adding a splash of colour can revive your desired setting from appearing bland or depthless.
- Contrast modern furniture with deeper tones for a contemporary and cosy setting.
- Combine with reflective elements for a glamourous and ‘stand-out’, yet comfortable aesthetic.
Don't miss a thing
Simply enter your email address below and stay up to date with our latest news and products.
Shop the set
Explore Our Blogs
- Console Table Décor: 5 Top Tips For Decorating Your Console TableWhen it comes to decorating your home, there is nothing like a console table to add personality to a space. Whether you’re starting with a blank canvas or revamping your tactfully curated corner, check out our top tips for styling a console table in your home.Read more
- How to create a calming living room with our signature lookLooking for some living room inspiration? Here are our top tips for creating this signature look in your home with product recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you.Read more
- How to create a relaxing master bedroomComfortable and calming colours, soft-to-the-touch finishes and easy-styling accessories: it’s time to create your summer sleep haven. Does your bedroom décor need a freshen up? Here are our top tips for creating this relaxing bedroom sanctuary look with recommendations from our new collection – designed by us, exclusively for you. Next stop: Dreamland.Read more
- Drinks Cabinet Ideas: Create Your Own Home BarIf staying in is the new going out, what better way to do it than with your own fully stocked drinks cabinet? Add a little style to your stay-at-home set up with our must-have picks for your personal mini bar. Your next night-in never looked better…Read more